Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register
  • TMC Podcast #17 is streaming live right now. We are discussing the new EV Tax Credits, as well as other topics. You can watch it and participate in the live chat on YouTube.

sitting on v9.0 (2019.15.106.1)

just got my new magical MX and see this very small green indicator that to me seems like it is downloading the new update...i arranged to be on the Advanced option for getting software updates...my wifi signal is 2 little arches..car is in my garage my home wifi network.

i charged last nite..i know it does not download whilst chrging...but it's mid afternoon..not much has changed..still little green dot with a long long way to go on the path it is displaying.

I can't seem to find out much more ...any insight would be much appreciated
thanks in advance (2019.15.106.1) that's where i
a.m. now

.. .i know it does not download whilst chrging...

I didn't know that! Why would charging take precedence over downloading?

Not a perfect comparison, but Apple iPhones typically suppress downloading when it is NOT charging. I don't have a Tesla ... yet, but I had assumed it would "charge like an iPhone" ... plug it in when I park it to charge overnight and unplug it to drive.

My X has been downloaded & updated during charging. No any problem with that.

Your car might try to download a map update, which is big before the firmware update. If you got the notification, just be patient. You will get the ready to update notification your phone.

Products we're discussing on TMC...

About Us

Formed in 2006, Tesla Motors Club (TMC) was the first independent online Tesla community. Today it remains the largest and most dynamic community of Tesla enthusiasts. Learn more.

Do you value your experience at TMC? Consider becoming a Supporting Member of Tesla Motors Club. As a thank you for your contribution, you'll get nearly no ads in the Community and Groups sections. Additional perks are available depending on the level of contribution. Please visit the Account Upgrades page for more details.

SUPPORT TMC