Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

Slacker streaming starts halfway into song

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
From time to time there are a few songs in my owner favorites station that seem to start in the middle or the end of the song, it's always the same ones but the counter in the progress bar appears at the beginning. Does the Tesla cache the songs on some sort of internal storage that is starting to go bad, or is slacker just busted? If it is the MCU, is there a way to force it to clear its cache?

From time to time there are a few songs in my owner favorites station that seem to start in the middle or the end of the song, it's always the same ones but the counter in the progress bar appears at the beginning. Does the Tesla cache the songs on some sort of internal storage that is starting to go bad, or is slacker just busted? If it is the MCU, is there a way to force it to clear its cache?

Found this thread searching for the same problem!

I have a song that is a favorite which for the last 4 plays over 2 weeks has started and at 1 min into the song, just ended and moved to the next. I'm left with the conclusion - there is caching going on and mine is corrupted. Said another way has ANYONE else heard "A lot" by 21 Savage in the past two weeks successfully? It's either just me or we all have this from Slackr.

additional notes: on 8.5 and having lots more random reboots, did i have one while this song was on? not sure. Also FWIW, MCU1 and US based, so Slackr.

I have a song that is a favorite which for the last 4 plays over 2 weeks has started and at 1 min into the song, just ended and moved to the next. I'm left with the conclusion - there is caching going on and mine is corrupted. Said another way has ANYONE else heard "A lot" by 21 Savage in the past two weeks successfully? It's either just me or we all have this from Slackr.

additional notes: on 8.5 and having lots more random reboots, did i have one while this song was on? not sure. Also FWIW, MCU1 and US based, so Slackr.

I will check it when I drive into work later today.

Checked the song, it plays just fine on my car. Also strange thing is the above song in the video started working again. Though others have started. It has to be something caching local on the MCU

I too have this same issue. FWIW I'm using a full paid version of Slacker in my car as well.
I mostly listen to the Favorites channel, and it happens on about 6-10 songs on my list. Usually the same songs.
Rebooting the MCU has no effect.
MCU 1 on 2018.50.6

I have the same problem and its been going on for a few months now. If I play a song frequently enough this ends up happening. I've also noticed that if I un-favorite or dislike the song that's having this problem it doesn't remember that. So the next time that song plays it's still marked as a favorite.

Logging in and out of my LiveXLive account (formally known as Slacker Radio) on the MCU and logged back in doesn't fix it. Still troubleshooting but haven't found a way to fix it yet. It must be a caching issue like the others said.