TMC is an independent, primarily volunteer organization that relies on ad revenue to cover its operating costs. Please consider whitelisting TMC on your ad blocker and becoming a Supporting Member. For more info: Support TMC
Start a Discussionhttps://teslamotorsclub.com/tmc/tags/

Slipstreams to Arachnids

Discussion in 'Model S' started by Stan Moraski, Jan 18, 2018.

Tags:
  1. Stan Moraski

Stan Moraski Brownout

Just got my 21 inch staggered Arachnids and hope to put them on this weekend. Wondering what to expect with ride quality and handling. I know about tire wear and noise, looking for those of you who have gone fron 19s to 21 arachnids. Thank you all in advance.

• Like x 2
  2. nickell

nickell Member

Huge difference in handling and feel of the road. I noticed the ride quality decrease for the first 30 minutes, and then it was normal. None of my regular passengers noticed a difference.

• Like x 2
  3. Robotpedlr

Robotpedlr Member

@ Stan - Let us know your thoughts after you mount them.

• Like x 1
  4. Stan Moraski

Stan Moraski Brownout

Just got the arachnids put on. HUGE difference in the look; I get why people like the full wheel well look. Wheel comes way out compared to slipstreams, so rash is a concern, but worth every penny. Not enough noticeable difference in ride, but car handles like it is on rails. All in all, glad I got the larger sneakers, but will keep the chromed 19 inch slipstreams for backup.

• Like x 5
    • Informative x 1
    • Love x 1
  5. redbaronace

redbaronace Member

The Arachnids are definitely more noisy than the 19's is my experience. The 19's were also a softer ride which I do sometimes miss.

Overall the looks of the car with these wheels more than makes up for its downside.

Not sure if anyone has bent an arachnid yet?

6. Stan Moraski

Stan Moraski Brownout

Two days into the switch to beautiful arachnids, the screen now says tire pressure system problem, contact Tesla service. Did not think there would be a problem from old to new TPMS. Any insights?

7. DIL

DIL Supporting Member

slipstream>>arachnid: I’m going to do the same thing when I get my car in a few weeks. How about some pics?

8. Lodo1000

Lodo1000 2017 75D AP2 Prem CW

I'm in the middle of this process right now. Had to (?!?) powder coat the Arachnids first...and get the calipers painted. What tires will you use? Suspect that will make a difference. I'm taking a shot at the Falken 510s. I am also going to hold on to the 19s but think the 21s will be great.

9. Stan Moraski

Stan Moraski Brownout

IMG_0092.JPG IMG_0162.JPG

• Like x 3
    • Helpful x 2
  10. HX_Guy

HX_Guy Member

So so so much better.

• Like x 1
  11. Stan Moraski

Stan Moraski Brownout

I thought the chromed slipstreams would be the final wheel I would consider. Boy, those arachnids are sweet.

12. florida2017

florida2017 Member

Sorry but the chrome are not at all to my liking, love the arachnids. I have the grey arachnids on my P85D, wow, much more performance.

• Like x 2
  13. nickell

nickell Member

Before and after 86663164-B4EC-4104-8D92-159EE74CD2B5.jpeg 3B48112B-E398-4AC3-ADA7-36F32C593D99.jpeg

• Like x 5
    • Love x 3
  14. DIL

DIL Supporting Member

Now I’m getting psyched. Those before and afters are mmmmmm so sweet

• Like x 1
  15. nickell

nickell Member

It’s minor, but the Arachnids are much easier to clean. Especially inside the wheel.

16. Jack Tripper

Jack Tripper Member

• Funny x 4
    • Like x 1
  17. Stan Moraski

Stan Moraski Brownout

#Nickell, are you a professional auto photographer? Great shots. BTW, why the wrap, what was the color before the wrap, and if you don’t mind me asking, how much $$?

18. FlatSix911

FlatSix911 918 Hybrid

Go to the main touchscreen and follow the directions to reset the TPMS :cool:
    upload_2018-1-21_17-50-55.png

• Informative x 2
    • Like x 1
  19. Stan Moraski

Stan Moraski Brownout

#Flatsix911, thanks for the info. I will give it a try. Is there a Tesla tutorial that did not come with my model s, or are you just very bright when it comes to all things Tesla? Either way, Bravo!

• Love x 1
  20. FlatSix911

FlatSix911 918 Hybrid

Glad to help... here is a link to the complete Model S owners manual. :cool: https://www.tesla.com/sites/default/files/model_s_owners_manual_north_america_en_us.pdf
    BTW, I just switched from my Arachnids w/summer tires to another set of BMW forged wheels w/winter tires
    IMG_7724.jpg IMG_7722.jpg IMG_7721.jpg

• Like x 1