Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

SLOW WAKEUP/NO WAKEUP (from app). spotty LTE connectivity

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
I am on 50.6 firmware and I am experiencing slow wake up or sometimes no wake up from app especially when outside temperature is low. ( cold weather). I have noticed that LTE connectivity is also spotty . I saw LTE bars yesterday keep dropping( no bars) and then coming back while driving. I suspect this is being done to save power and not an app issue. Even when car is connected to WIFI , I still see the same behavior , hence proves that its related to cold conditions and car being going into deeper power states.

is any body else also seeing this ?

Slow or no wake up, seems to be a common problem that still needs to be addressed by Tesla however I have, for the last couple of days, noticed that I keep losing the LTE signal and it comes back. In fact yesterday night I couldn't get the nav. to work because of it.

My GF’s Model 3 was having the same issue, at the same time my 2017 MX wakes up in 2-3 seconds or faster. I had recommended her to drop off the car at the SC to check it out. They kept it for two days and performed several component software updates--my guess since the main SW version remained on 2018.50.6 xxxxxxx. As a result, wake up times are now are under 10 seconds on LTE, sometimes faster. Before it had timed out 2-3 times before the app had connected and the car woke up.

It’s a Nov 12, 2018 build.

Key fob solved this for me. Couldn't stand the 10-15 seconds each morning I had to sit there and wait for the car to wake-up or worse, restart bluetooth on the phone. Just two quick clicks from the Fob while I walk towards the car in the morning is all it takes. Wakes up immediately. Thereafter, the phone app takes over during the day and passive entry/exit works great.