Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

Slow wireless charging?

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
My iPhone 13 barley charges at all on the refresh Model S wireless charging pads. The phone indicates that the phone is charging, but after 20-30 minutes it might only increase its charge by 1%. My case is ultra thin, but I did try with and without case..same results. Anyone else run into this?

Reactions: GeoG
My iPhone 13 barley charges at all on the refresh Model S wireless charging pads. The phone indicates that the phone is charging, but after 20-30 minutes it might only increase its charge by 1%. My case is ultra thin, but I did try with and without case..same results. Anyone else run into this?
Yep. Same issue here but with the 2022 M3. I gave up on trying.

Don't know about iPhone, but on Android you must go into settings, battery, more battery settings and Enable Fast Charging, Super Fast Charging, and Fast Wireless Charging (3 separate settings). After that, the charging speed is determined by the maximum amps of the attached charger or wireless charger.

Don't know about iPhone, but on Android you must go into settings, battery, more battery settings and Enable Fast Charging, Super Fast Charging, and Fast Wireless Charging (3 separate settings). After that, the charging speed is determined by the maximum amps of the attached charger or wireless charger.
Which specific phone has this? The Google Pixel 6 Pro doesn't have this in the settings

I have a 13 pro with an apple case and it charges quickly in my 2021 MSLR.

If you've tried without a case, probably something not right with the pad. What percentage are you charging from? At really high states of charge the phone is slow to charge wirelessly. I have an iPhone 13 Pro Max and the wifey has an iPhone 13 Pro, and both charge without issues, in the Apple OEM silicone case.

If you've tried without a case, probably something not right with the pad. What percentage are you charging from? At really high states of charge the phone is slow to charge wirelessly. I have an iPhone 13 Pro Max and the wifey has an iPhone 13 Pro, and both charge without issues, in the Apple OEM silicone case.
It can be any charge state. 20%, 50%, 60%, same results.

Reactions: GeoG
It charges crazy fast on my S22...I just hate when it gets to 100% it constantly turns on/off the display. Any remedy for that?

It can be any charge state. 20%, 50%, 60%, same results.
Something's wrong with the charging pad then. Replacing that whole base takes about 2 minutes, so schedule mobile service.
It charges crazy fast on my S22...I just hate when it gets to 100% it constantly turns on/off the display. Any remedy for that?
Not had that with my iPhone. I do notice (and this was true on my Model 3 as well) that if you accelerate relatively quickly, it will turn the screen on due to the accelerometer getting confused and thinking you picked up the phone...

Reactions: dsm363 and BBB4000
Just like your Tesla, you probably should not routinely charge to 100% unless you need that extra charge. There is a Protect Battery setting under Settings, Battery, More Battery Settings, Protect Battery that will limit charging to 85%.

As far as the display issue, it depends on your version of android. Mine does not do this and I do not have any settings for full charge notifications. Earlier versions might try this:
1. Go to system settings -> notifications
2. Go to advanced.
3. Click the action bar menu (3 dots in upper right corner)
4. Click "show system apps"
5. Go to "System UI"
6. Click "Battery Full" and turn off the App icon badges and set importance to low.

Also may be Bixby, which I have disabled.

Something's wrong with the charging pad then. Replacing that whole base takes about 2 minutes, so schedule mobile service.

Not had that with my iPhone. I do notice (and this was true on my Model 3 as well) that if you accelerate relatively quickly, it will turn the screen on due to the accelerometer getting confused and thinking you picked up the phone...
Thanks, I will make an appointment.

Just like your Tesla, you probably should not routinely charge to 100% unless you need that extra charge. There is a Protect Battery setting under Settings, Battery, More Battery Settings, Protect Battery that will limit charging to 85%.

As far as the display issue, it depends on your version of android. Mine does not do this and I do not have any settings for full charge notifications. Earlier versions might try this:
1. Go to system settings -> notifications
2. Go to advanced.
3. Click the action bar menu (3 dots in upper right corner)
4. Click "show system apps"
5. Go to "System UI"
6. Click "Battery Full" and turn off the App icon badges and set importance to low.

Also may be Bixby, which I have disabled.
I need all 100%, the S22 has terrible battery life compared to the S20.

Reactions: DerbyDave