Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

Slowly losing my sanity with every account check...

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
Good morning!

April 30, 2020 I joined the Tesla community with the "purchase" of my first EV, a MY. Obviously, due to COVID, I knew the plant had shut down, but I secretly hoped there was a way that things would still move along seamlessly. As anyone else waiting for their car knows, they reopened a few weeks ago, and it seems like they're starting to fill orders in no real order. I saw one guy on here who claims he bought his car early April and already had a delivery date, while others bought last year and are still waiting.

I guess knowing that I'll have to sell my existing gas-guzzler, in order to make payments more affordable, has me on edge since it literally drops in value every day.

Like everyone else, I literally check my account 10 times a day and still have no VIN. I feel like I'm losing my mind with no updates!

If only I'd known the torture I was setting myself up for....well, really, even then I don't think I would have been prepared!
Anyone know a good way to pass the time, aside from watching every youTube video there is and reading these discussions? LOL

Anxiously awaiting MY, LRAWD, MSM, White interior, FSD, No PUP, Gemini

We'll be together soon...I hope!

You can pass the time buy blowing all your money on Tesla accessories for a car you don't even have yet. Seems to be working well for me o_O

ME 2! Before Covid I was killing the wait by reporting on the new supercharger being installed in my town... then I joined the buying stuff for the car crowd: Charger, trunk mat, screen protector, front license plate holder, insert for between the cup holders....

Now I'm trying to convince myself not to get stuff so I can camp in my MY- that I don't have yet. Yup...

• Funny
Reactions: Prdmommyof3
New car seats?!? Do tell!

Hang this on every seat the first time you take friends for ride- before they get in:
remove to arm.jpg

(its on amazon)- it would be a great gag... and since its a Tesla, they might really believe it ;)

That sure is a beauty! Are you loving it?!
How long was your wait?

Thanks for sharing the picture, great to see it all put together!

I sold my early-2018 Model 3 when I got this Y. First impression of the Y is that it is just a "pumped up" 3 - I enjoy the ease of entry/exit and view of the road in the Y vs the 3. On further experience with driving the Y, I can see that it is somewhat quieter going over bumps, rides a little better in general, and has less wind noise at speed. I am also very pleased with the QC on my Y - you'll hear lots of stories about panel gaps, paint blemishes, etc. on Tesla forums, but my car is so far (1 week) just fine.

I ordered the Y on 3 Feb 20.

Vistan

Reactions: Reborn and frnkblk
As a Canadian watching all the US deliveries, I'd pull my hair out if I didn't already shave it. I ordered mine in April 2019 but knew that Canadian orders would be slower than the US ones ... then the shutdown happened and oh man did that suck (but safety first so no hard feelings). Now orders are once again being delivered in the US but so far no updates on when the Canadian orders will start.

I've never waited this long for a car. On top of that there is no justification for my stress since I wasn't planning on getting it before January 2021 before TESLA set the new timeline before the shutdown.

My charger is already installed while I wait but I've been holding off on any accessories since things can happen!

Also in the same boat (waiting since Dec) and have been on a shopping spree for accessories.

I have had the charger installed for two months, I ordered the white carbon fiber looking vinyl for the console that you can see at evannex dot com and I just put the deposit down, since they're offering deals right now with everything going on, for the wrap, tint and powder coating of the wheels. So I've spent more on everything other than the car for now haha.