Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

Sly Bracket for Grill iPass Mount

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
I took my front license plate off both our Model 3 and Model S last year. I prefer the look, but I still wanted to use the license plate mount iPass. I zip tied the iPass to the grill under the bumper. I had mixed results going through toll booths, sometimes getting a good read, sometimes not. I was looking for a mount I could use to extend the iPass out from the grill to give it a better chance of getting a good read. I looked around quite a bit and finally bought the Sly Bracket license plate bracket for Horizontal Grills for both vehicles. This allows me to extend the bracket just enough to get a good read and still be somewhat hidden from view most of the time. I painted the screws black using a Rustoleum Rust Reformer Black Spray Paint. I think it does the job. I know others had been struggling with a similar issue, so I thought I would share my findings.

If you wanted to also mount your license plate, this also includes a no drill license plate bracket.

Store - Sly Brackets

MVIMG_20190604_083701.jpg

Attachments

• MVIMG_20190604_083705.jpg
    MVIMG_20190604_083705.jpg
    325.5 KB · Views: 86
Pro Tip - Print out a label with your iPass number and put it in your visor. You can always read the number off assuming you pull through a station that cant read your iPass and also does not use license plate readers (Indiana... cough).