Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

Small dent in trim around touchscreen

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
Don't know how it happened but my less than one month old S has a small dent at the bottom of the trim around the touchscreen.
I was hoping this might be a fairly easy piece of trim to replace but every page I have seen involving the screen shows it out of the vehicle with this trim attached.
If that is the case then I guess I am going to have to live with it.
Anyone know if this trim is removable?

Attachments

• IMG_0045.JPG
    IMG_0045.JPG
    279.1 KB · Views: 346
Welcome to the club (of MS owners with dents in their MCU frames). It seems to be pretty involved to R&R the trim. Quotes from Service Centers seem to vary greatly, too, from what I've read here on the forum. That said, I'm looking for how-to instructions myself as well...

Yeah, the interior trim is soft. A few days in my new 85D and I dinged the trim on the B pillar when I disconnected and let go of the seatbelt buckle and it snapped back into the trim. Since then I've treated the trim like it was molded butter and avoid any contact!

Interesting . . . I bought my car barely used, and it had almost the same exact dent. The previous owner didn't know, either.

The part is $200, I think. I had it replaced when I did the LTE upgrade so their was no additional labor charge.

Don't know how it happened but my less than one month old S has a small dent at the bottom of the trim around the touchscreen.
I was hoping this might be a fairly easy piece of trim to replace but every page I have seen involving the screen shows it out of the vehicle with this trim attached.
If that is the case then I guess I am going to have to live with it.
Anyone know if this trim is removable?

I've got the same dent in the same place -- just have lived with it,

Ironically, Service tweaked the adjacent trim piece during the LTE retrofit.

Aside from that, Service has dented the u-shaped trim piece once, I've dented the u-shaped trim piece once, and there's a third mark that neither Service nor I recall effecting.

In any case, was quoted $361 out the door to replace the u-shaped metal trim piece.