Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

Smart Charging - Car Not Accepting Charge

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
Hey Folks,

I am having an intermittent issue with my Indra smart charger and am interested to hear if folks have had similar. When first using the smart charging it was fine, it would stop and start periodically, but by the allotted time, the car would be at its required charge of 80%. Recently, when I get down in the morning sometimes, but not always, the car has stopped charging at some point over the night.

I am being told via Indra that the platform is sending the signal to the charger to start charging, but the car isn't accepting the charge. They asked me to remove any schedules, but I've never had any schedules set on the car. The car has never not charged when using any other charger, both dumb and supercharger and if I come down before the 'ready by' time, the car is wanting to take charge - if I hit the 'start charging' button it tells me there's no power source - so it is the charger that isn't supplying power. At least that's how it appears to me, but obviously Indra are keen to prove it's not them or their charger.

I guess it could be the cable, but why would it partially work. There's only two things that I have changed - one is obviously there's been some software updates on the car. The other is that I've put automations on my phone to turn off bluetooth overnight as an anti-theft protection. I cannot see that either of those would apply. In essence, the charger should appear to the car as a dumb charger that has a really unreliable power supply that stops and starts at varying rates.

Any ideas? I have added the two charts that Indra have sent me to show what they are seeing on the last two times it failed. I have also asked for a chart from when it succeeded...

1687165062322.png

1687165075550.png