Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

Smart EV (or ED)

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
Unfortunately have to give my Smart a break because i've driven it way too much and am way over the miles for the lease agreement and it will cost a lot to increase the miles. :crying:

I wish I could give you some of my unused miles. We got ours to be an extra, around town car for my wife and the mileage shows it. Right now about 3000 miles after 7 months. I do like it though, so I can understand how someone can put a lot of miles on it.

I can confirm 0-50mph in 6 seconds. I didn't do an official timing, but I was paying attention to the seconds ticking off as I was listening to music when I floored it at a light this week.

This car is a ridiculous amount of fun, and I fear it is making me drive like a jerk from the viewpoint of others. But if I can squeeze into that space in traffic and accelerate as I do so...

I can confirm 0-50mph in 6 seconds. I didn't do an official timing, but I was paying attention to the seconds ticking off as I was listening to music when I floored it at a light this week.

This car is a ridiculous amount of fun, and I fear it is making me drive like a jerk from the viewpoint of others. But if I can squeeze into that space in traffic and accelerate as I do so...

That's pretty nice! 0-50 and 0-30 is pretty amazing on many videos I've seen, too. In either case it definitely blows my gas smart out of the water for acceleration.

Don't worry about being a jerk--in a smart car, anything you do looks cute or funny, including cutting people off :D

We've gone 100% EV, the Smart ED now has an older sibling.

tesla+smart+avatar.jpg

Congrats, SmartElectric! She's a beaut!

I think we need a thread for pics of Model S + Smart ED families. There seem to be a few of us!

Astrothad, I do worry that I drive like a jerk now. Sometimes people ask for it (occasionally pickup trucks with attitude seem to think they can cut me off) and sometimes it's just hard not to do a smartlaunch. I sorta get why sometimes you see sportscars doing stupid traffic weaving. When your car is fun to drive, you want to have fun driving it.

[Completely off topic: it's time to mow the lawn, and my husband just said "Oh, wow. I have to stop by a gas station today.]

View attachment 87427

The Tesla is Daddy... every other EV is a sibling :cool:

congrats, when my dad gets a Tesla we'll have that combo (until August next year, might turn in the Smart (will be tough to do) and will get another EV. An ELR would be nice or heck maybe even a Model S if it drops in the low 40's or possibly high 30's):smile:

coming up on 2 years with the Smart.....19,076 miles, still has been flawless and way too much fun

S4lq3Kq.png

Last edited:
I just got the best laugh while driving that I've ever gotten.

Roll up to a light, and next to me is powder blue Porsche convertible coupe.
I'm guessing it was the Boxster, based on an image search I just did. The driver
opens the throttle wide at the light...
...and I keep right with her in the smart ED up to 35 mph.

Repeat this at the next light.

Yes, until we hit the speed limit for these streets, a smart car
was hanging right with a Porsche.

I should probably get all of this out of my system before I get a Model X.

Exactly!
This morning an Audi was in he left lane and I pulled up at the right lane, leaving room for others turning. Light goes green and I give'r like usual and the Audi is screaming beside me trying to pass, but gives up and pulls in behind me, then turns abruptly into a gas station. Double irony, a German luxury car taken down by a little EV, and worse, had to stop to refuel while I silently headed off to work with a nearly full charge like I do every time I drive th car away in the morning. :)

Reactions: tvuolo
Here's mine. I still haven't gotten around to taking a picture of her with her big sister, and since we charge on opposite sides of the garage, I haven't figured out the best way logistically to get a shot of both cars charging.

Total side note: as we were pulling into the garage the other day, we were approached by some local high schoolers doing a fundraiser (a little odd to have someone walk into our garage, but whatever). They were very surprised when, as the conversation went on, the car was plugged in. There was some discussion about how the car was electric. We ended up supporting their fundraiser, the kids went off happy... and never noticed there was a Model S in the next bay.

Millismart2.jpg

Reactions: SmartElectric