TMC is an independent, primarily volunteer organization that relies on ad revenue to cover its operating costs. Please consider whitelisting TMC on your ad blocker and becoming a Supporting Member. For more info: Support TMC

Smart garage deadbolt

Discussion in 'Australia' started by Gnat666, Oct 13, 2019.

1. Gnat666

Gnat666 Member

Not really a Tesla topic but given the discerning tech-types here I’d assume there be knowledgeable advice around.
    Now that I’m keyless with the car I really only need a good electronic deadlock for my inside garage door.
    Preferably smartphone (Android) and keypad access, long battery life.
    The Akaso sw805 look ok, but some mixed reviews, and not cheap!
    https://www.amazon.com.au/AKASO-Electronic-Deadbolt-Entrance-Apartment/

2. kellymc

kellymc Member

If you can get them in AUS, Schalge Smart Sense deadbolt has been working well for me for over a year

3. to4garret

to4garret Member

I've been looking into this as well, being able to get rid of carrying keys around does sounds quite tempting.

With my home & garage there are dead bolts already installed. I did look at some of the Samsung ones that bunnings carry but i dont think they would work in my instance.

I've narrow my selection down to either the Danalock V3 or the August Smart Lock both of which work with existing dead bolt installs, so are more DIY. Things i am considering are the quality of the Phone App, cost (if any) for additional Digital Keys, any Subscription Fees for Online Services, Integration with IFTTT/Zigbee/Z-Wave/HomeKit, Battery Life, Review ratings etc.

I think the Danalock is winning for me at the moment.

4. paulp

paulp Active Member

Roller door or tilt door? Do you have electric open and close?

• Funny x 1
  5. Gnat666

Gnat666 Member

A door door ;)

6. mattclar

mattclar Member

I have a danalock, works well
    The app works but isn't fantastic but I use it connected to my homeassistant setup

7. Grenadine

Grenadine Member

I went to an airbnb last week that had a sumsung one - was awesome.