Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

Smart Summon Drove My Model Y Into A Tree - July 2021

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
For miscellaneous bug fixes what part of the manual do I read again? How about cold weather improvements?
In that case you should check the weather forecast 🤣
But something as big as "Smart Summon is not Beta anymore" would 100% be featured in a changelog. At that point, a manual catch-up would be a good idea to learn in depth what's new. Or sometimes even just the changelog would tell you all you need to know. Whatever floats your boat!

I took this picture a few weeks ago, it seems relevant today. There is only one feature on this list that isn't in beta or preview status:

Personally I think it is kinda scummy of them to keep hiding behind these "beta" labels for so long. The software is clearly feature-complete and in production and isn't receiving frequent changes. I wish Tesla was much less Star Citizen and way more No Man's Sky.

I took this picture a few weeks ago, it seems relevant today. There is only one feature on this list that isn't in beta or preview status:

Personally I think it is kinda scummy of them to keep hiding behind these "beta" labels for so long. The software is clearly feature-complete and in production and isn't receiving frequent changes. I wish Tesla was much less Star Citizen and way more No Man's Sky.
I see another opportunity here to start a new car company and play with the laws yourself!

• Disagree
Reactions: SunCharged
Smart Summon has actually seemed to get dumber for me. Two places I’ve used it before (one being my long driveway at home, the other being another long driveway at our friends house down the road) it now works pitifully at. The car used to “go to target”, now it just gets confused and drives all over the lawns. Whatever.