Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

Smart Summon - RC?

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
Hello All,
I wanted to share something I was told. Now I know better than most not to trust what Tesla reps say, but this one seemed different.

I called in to get some help with horrible BT quality and talked to the tech support/development team (not sure which). We walked through logs on the car and ext. He escalated it, but we were talking about the new .50 release. He said that Smart Summon is coming in one of the revisions of it and there are a few cars he knows that has it.

He said his boss currently is testing it and it is very cool, it brings the car to where you are, implying it would navigate obstacles.

I did not see any other threads on this and know better than to trust Tesla reps, but this was someone in the tech support side, not basic customer service, with clear experience with it (via his boss).

I know Elon tweeted it was coming in month or so, and from this small evidence, sounds like employees are testing a RC version and it may come in .50.

Figured I'd share, could be nothing.

Thanks!

I just picked up my 2016 Model S CPO. While my wife was in the doctor's office, I played in the parking lot using summon. The fob didn't work but the Tesla App was super easy. I first pulled the car out of the space, backing straight out. The I pulled it back into the space using "Forward". What I noticed was that the wheels turned a bit and it straightened itself out as it pulled into the space (originally it was crooked). I was of the understanding that Summon only went straight. Did it actually use auto-parking mode and follow the lines? If so, would putting lines in my garage make it even easier to pull it in backwards using Summon? I will try it at some point in the future. Anyone out there know for sure?

It will make more than small adjustments. When I use it on my 3P to back out of my garage, it eventually angles the car towards bushes that run alongside my driveway.

I’m with the OP. Let me remote control the car to my location. Great for rain and snow.