Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

Smart summon UK

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
Because you have to be in Bluetooth range of the car (in practice less imo, at least with regular Summon) which means you’re walking pretty much alongside it for it to work, and therefore you end to looking rather silly.

Yeah. And you also have to be near enough for it to detect the key. So pretty useless in practice. Does the US version not have that limitation?
God no. In the States they can summon it from quite some distance away (200 feet I believe), and it moves quite a bit faster too. Essentially they can summon it out of a parking space to come to them, which actually makes it at least useful in principal.

Blame the crappy UNECE regulations that restrict this stuff heavily in the EU.

If you have 2 mobile phones you can leave one in the car connected and control with the other.

Bit of a faff if you ask me though.
Haven't tried this yet, but my understanding is that if you leave a connected Phone Key in the car, then presumably you could open the doors at any time? I have left my phone in the car when I've been working on it and walked away and come back and been able to open the doors etc.

IMHO smart summon is absolutely useless in the UK. I have it and tried it a few times when I first got it but you basically look like an idiot walking very very slowly beside your car as it inches it’s way to wherever you want it to go. You may just as well sit inside it and drive it! Basic summon on the other hand is very useful for me as I use it to get the car in and out of my very tight garage.