Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

SMS Text Notification

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
Unsurprisingly, as a small company struggling to become profitable Tesla cannot offer every feature offered by car companies that have been in business for many decades and have vastly greater resources than Tesla has.

Surprisingly, Tesla offers an incredible combination of features that, as a whole, no other car company comes close to matching: a reliable high performance all electric drivetrain, an extremely reliable high capacity battery pack with temperature management, internet connected cars for over the air updates, and the worlds largest and fastest charging network for long distance travel.

I’ll take that package over a few convenience features that are missing.

We've all "taken that package" since we bought the car! It doesn't mean we can't expect improvements over time.

Reactions: clostridium
You shouldn't be texting while driving ;-}

I have apple's "Driving mode" enabled - my phone won't even show me texts while driving.

That doesn't have anything to do with what the OP was asking. He said he wants to be notified via the car about txts that are received. In either case, even if he also wants to be able to send, using voice integration to compose a text is vastly safer than typing on a keyboard. By far. Tesla is literally the only company that has no form of this.