Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

SMUD & CVRP Rebates

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
I have a friend who is NOT a licensed electrician/contractor helping me run a 100ft cable from the breaker to the point of install for a HPWC with a 100A breaker in the box with a disconnect as well. Do I need to pull a permit for this in Sacramento in order to be eligible for the SMUD or California CVRP rebates?

I just applied for the cvrp rebate and there was no questions regarding charging on the application. I've also received the PG&E rebate for our i3 and just applied for Model X, no questions regarding charging on that either. I don't know about SMUD. You can technically charge from 110, which we always did with our i3 due to small battery and short distance, so they can't require you to have faster charging.

I just had a "handyman" that has done a ton of work for me including a complete rehab of a rental home run a ~50' line for a 50 amp circuit and install a sub panel etc. I am permitting it as doing the work myself and having it inspected after the holidays. The reason I did this was for insurance purposes. The permit was only $99 in my small city and I would rather do that than have my house burn down and my insurance company give me the middle finger due to unpermitted work causing the fire. That's a 700k gamble I'm not willing to take to save $100. Think about it.