Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

Snippiness 2.0

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
Status
Not open for further replies.
You seem desperate, Least I could do is a swap with my Brand New Model Y, just picked up.

F38E3F41-7E08-43AC-9470-529492E2500E.jpeg

Attachments

• 770A66FB-2F44-4903-BA8A-59CF708A9298.jpeg
    770A66FB-2F44-4903-BA8A-59CF708A9298.jpeg
    77.6 KB · Views: 43
That is not relevant here. Once its gotten to the receptacle, what is plugged into that receptacle is not important. The receptacle will have connectors rated to take the plug spades at its specified load.
Bro are you high? If you open the outlet you intend to use with an evse and find out it is aluminum it should be replaced with copper wire. That is what the device says it requires.

• Informative
Reactions: ElectricIAC
Man, OP, even by your own account you really pulled a Karen there in the service center. It’s not an $80k luxury car. It’s a $40k car with a $20k battery and $20k worth of software. You’ll need to upgrade to MCU2 to get a good experience going forward. $1,500 to bring a 5+ year old car up to speed UI wise isn’t that bad. Get over yourself.

You lost me at “I had a Mercedes”. You’re a spoiled rich dude/gal. Hence, pulling a Karen.
Says a guy who owns a Tesla? Seriously? Or do you not own a Tesla and just hang out here to troll those who do?
Full disclosure: I bought the E-class used while I was earning $20k/year in grad school. I paid $15k for it, when it was four years old; it was an amazing deal.
plonk

Reactions: ElectricIAC
  • Tesla "oh yeah, there is a flaw in our cars" (note: it took them two years to admit it for something that is a pretty serious safety hazard)
  • Forum fanboys: "😱 😱 omg it's the driver fault 😱 😱"
I am not judging the car and if this is the driver's fault. It's very hard to judge on a video (especially the "real" speed vs. the "perceived" speed). And it's quite amazing to see how many experts we have on this forum!

Last, considering that (1) the brand admitted problems in this domain (two years later after the fact) and (2) the build quality is shitty, it's quite entertaining to see how fanboys defend their brand without any reserve or critical thinking.

Mariners, pilots, anyone pushing the "envelope" of aerodynamics/hydrodynamics, learn rather quickly that there are always limits. Challenge the limit and you'll get burned, and usually, catastrophically. The cost/value of the vessel involved has absolutely nothing to do with it.

Clarifying and defending the laws of physics doesn't make anyone here a "tesla fanboy."

lmao all the tesla fanboys here.

Did he drive faster than I would? Yes

Should a $60+k well-assembled car break into pieces at the first force applied to its parts?

Mariners, pilots, anyone pushing the "envelope" of aerodynamics/hydrodynamics, learn rather quickly that there are always limits. Challenge the limit and you'll get burned, and usually, catastrophically. The cost/value of the vessel involved has absolutely nothing to do with it.

Clarifying and defending the laws of physics doesn't make anyone here a "tesla fanboy."

I do not deny the law of physics. I am just claiming how judgemental people are on this forum and how quick they are to bash OP.

There are some facts:
  • Tesla admitted prior design issues that led to the same error, and it took 2 years to recognize it
  • Tesla cars have poor build quality, and it's possible some parts were not attached or sealed properly (which happened to a lot of people)
And let me also add that the CEO himself claimed that Tesla cars can go underwater. ("A Tesla works as a boat for short period of time")

I am not claiming there is no wrongdoing from OP nor that the car can go underwater (it seems it should, according to the fanboy's god CEO). I am just arguing that the forum is full of Karens ready to bash someone without much empathy and respect without having all the facts.

To be clear: I do not know if OP did something wrong or if the car should support this. But I think it's unfair to bash someone like this online and doubt anyone here would react the same way if that was an in-person conversation.

YES
I do not deny the law of physics. I am just claiming how judgemental people are on this forum and how quick they are to bash OP.

There are some facts:
  • Tesla admitted prior design issues that led to the same error, and it took 2 years to recognize it
  • Tesla cars have poor build quality, and it's possible some parts were not attached or sealed properly (which happened to a lot of people)
And let me also add that the CEO himself claimed that Tesla cars can go underwater. ("A Tesla works as a boat for short period of time")

I am not claiming there is no wrongdoing from OP nor that the car can go underwater (it seems it should, according to the fanboy's god CEO). I am just arguing that the forum is full of Karens ready to bash someone without much empathy and respect without having all the facts.

To be clear: I do not know if OP did something wrong or if the car should support this. But I think it's unfair to bash someone like this online and doubt anyone here would react the same way if that was an in-person conversation.
See @Pianewman ’s post. There are some people here bashing the OP but the majority are disputing those making blanket statements about how it’s Tesla’s fault for building a crappy car that can’t make it through a puddle. It’s entirely possible to agree with The statement that Tesla has had quality control issues yet not blame them for every single thing that goes wrong. (Ever heard of a color called ‘grey’ that is something between black and white?)

I’ve posted several times about how much force water can exert and others, including @Pianewman pointed out how deep the water was and the evidence of the speed.

you state you are “not claiming there is no wrongdoing from OP nor that the car can go underwater” then immediately proceed to call everyone stating that point a Karen and fanboy of their god, Elon. Go back and read my posts. Go back and read @Pianewman ’s posts. Do any of them bash the OP?

you state you are “not claiming there is no wrongdoing from OP nor that the car can go underwater” then immediately proceed to call everyone stating that point a Karen and fanboy of their god, Elon. Go back and read my posts. Go back and read @Pianewman ’s posts. Do any of them bash the OP?

I never quoted your posts, and your contributions come only on the third page after many people bashed OP.
No need to make yourself feel so special; sorry if you took it personally.

I’ve posted several times about how much force water can exert and others, including @Pianewman pointed out how deep the water was and the evidence of the speed.

"Evidence of the speed": do you know the speed the person was going at?
"How deep was the water": did you go and measure it?

I sincerely hope nobody will judge you the way you judge others online.

The end for me on this thread, no need to discuss with people not even addressing facts. There is clear evidence that Tesla cars (1) had such issues in the past for this very issue and (2) are designed and claimed to be able to go underwater for a short period (claimed by the CEO himself!).

Everybody shitting on OP does not even answer to these basic facts. They prefer to push their own narrative and judge someone without discussing clear facts and giving someone the benefit of the doubt.

"How deep was the water": did you go and measure it?

I sincerely hope nobody will judge you the way you judge others online.

The end for me on this thread, no need to discuss with people not even addressing facts. There is clear evidence that Tesla cars (1) had such issues in the past for this very issue and (2) are designed and claimed to be able to go underwater for a short period (claimed by the CEO himself!).

Everybody shitting on OP does not even answer to these basic facts. They prefer to push their own narrative and judge someone without discussing clear facts and giving someone the benefit of the doubt.
Evidence of the speed = look at how water moves. definitely not 1 or 2 inches of water.
If you don't know the water is deep enough to go in or not, you will have serious issues sooner or later.

You are judging other people who have different opinion.

Tesla cars are NOT designed to go underwater. Any car on the market is designed for underwater operation. Tesla cars happened to be working better than other ICE cars in deep water situation, but definitely NOT designed to be operating underwater.

There is nothing facts about your statements. They are all your claims and opinions, and no one is shitting on OP. you are the only one shitting on other members and their opinions.

YESSS!!! The water spraying from the OP's vehicle prior to and during crashing into the standing water is a clear indication of speed. The rate of speed can also be calculated by watching the speed of the lane markers. I'm guessing easily in excess of 50mph.

The wake and roostertail are further evidence.

Operator error. That is all. Any further discussion about vehicle quality/design is pointless.

Last edited:
Status
Not open for further replies.