Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

Snippiness 2.0

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
Status
Not open for further replies.
Moderators, this thread needs to be renamed He Said She Said
I think the thread should be named after a quote by President Lincoln:
1678807202407.jpeg

• Funny
Reactions: gsmith123
A good question from a relatively new member.

Wiping the lens works until you start driving again. It is far from a long term solution and the suggestion could barely be called helpful.

bro
“Until you start driving again”. You use your rear camera during the main drive? No. If you took 2 seconds to think about what I said you would have realized that when you end your trip and are backing your car into its parking spot/garage, you simply take a small towel that is kept in the driver door pocket, get out, and clean your lens so you can see while you back up the car.

Sound good BRO?

• Disagree
Reactions: Kevy Baby
Thanks for the info. Regarding the "sarcasm" of "scoobydoo", totally inappropriate. Not appreciated. My question was serious. And I spent time looking for the option he mentioned. (Which would not be a bad idea- some kind of defrost function to clean condensation from the camera lens.) The solution is to wipe the lens, while it is raining? It will just get wet again,
Thank you for your info, stopcrazypp, and others as well.
Buddy, you need to lighten up. Seriously. If you really took my “advice” and looked for a “heated lens” option in the settings then nobody can help you. If you think that a clouded lens when it rains “could be dangerous” then I would suggest that you remind yourself that rear view cameras were not prevalent until recently, and for decades people relied solely on their mirrors and turning their head to see.

But if you really, REALLY want to eliminate the wet lens just throw some anti-fog solution on the camera lens (the same type of product that people put on their goggles for snow sports. Works like a charm.

• Disagree
Don't be an ass this guy has a decent question. There is a fix by abstract oxen website called a super hydrophobic lens cover.
And be nice... some people aren't as smart as you "think" you are.
Lol. “Don’t be an ass”. God the world has become so sensitive and meager. Chill out, son. Too sensitive. Foggy camera lenses on a car is not that big of a deal. First world problems ya know.

Asking how to fix something like this is begging for smart ass responses no matter how legitimate the OP was. In my opinion, it was a stupid question. For 10+ years smart(er) people have just gotten out of their car and cleaned the lens IF IT BOTHERED THEM THAT MUCH. -OR - when it’s rainy out and the lens is messed up - we just revert back to the good old days of simply turning our head and LOOKING WITH OUR EYES to see if it’s clear to back up.

Camera is out because it’s rainy… OMG I might have to do this old school style for a change! 🤷🏻‍♂️. Wow.

• Disagree
That's your contribution to the topic? Nothing about the fact that DWtsn's car swerved hard into traffic? And off the freeway at 80?

I guess it's hard to imagine this type of sudden, hard steering if you've never experienced it. Mine jerked the steering wheel into the next lane once - hard - and this is impossible to correct in real time. But I guess everyone's car is different. Which is another issue.....
Someone who equates using NOA to car racing is also likely to similarly exaggerate her NOA experiences.

• Disagree
Reactions: DWtsn and drtimhill
Someone who equates using NOA to car racing is also likely to similarly exaggerate her NOA experiences.
Are you always a douchecanoe or is this forum just a special occasion? You are truly Keyboard Warrior Extraordinaire and should be commended on your innate ability to be an absolute prick to everyone as you hide behind your keyboard here and on other forums. You should've been banned a long time ago as you sit and attempt to pick fights from your mother's basement. What a douche!

Are you always a douchecanoe or is this forum just a special occasion? You are truly Keyboard Warrior Extraordinaire and should be commended on your innate ability to be an absolute prick to everyone as you hide behind your keyboard here and on other forums. You should've been banned a long time ago as you sit and attempt to pick fights from your mother's basement. What a douche!
Vitriol, ad hominem attacks and name calling even. Do you treat everyone who disagrees with you so politely?

I have most of them already, for relaxing highway trips. The one that is due for a new toy now is our in-town daily drive which is right now is the Plug-in Hybrid X5.

The discussion of highway trips. Our highway drive for the past 12 years have always been S-class vehicles with rear seat goodies. 3rd photo is not a photo I personally took, but a replica of my W223 S580 which is a replacement of my W222 S560. We have a 2020 X7 M50i too. My only point is, I don't see how my wife and I can let go a car like this that we enjoy driving vs relaxing in the back on 50-50% basis during our monthly 8hrs trip. Others probably have never experienced that luxury and it's benefits, but I did, hence was just trying to share my part of the story as to why Tesla is a no-good highway carrier at that price range (well, Telsa plaid is still slightly cheaper that a fully loaded W222/w223 but close enough) if we can get or keep or S-class.
1c10aafd_2a94_4dad_b770_6de1987cf969_70bfa7191c6a5f47f358b7ea910ed6214a8f39cf.jpeg

43d8e8f3_745d_4c2b_b960_cc232893d1f4_d8cc1f7ea2cea348c6596a7e50fd215dfe85a86e.jpeg

image.MQ6.12.20210510103843.jpeg
So you're a rich man trolling on these forums? Man you must have a lot of people making you some good money to waste time on this.

So you're a rich man trolling on these forums? Man you must have a lot of people making you some good money to waste time on this.
I am pretty much comfortable just like most of you driving a nearly 120K Model S or Model X Plaid ... .An S-class fully loaded isn't that much far away in price from Model S/X Plaid. So, we are both enjoying our time during weekends. Why not.....
I don't understand the comment. Our X7 is pre-owned with 45K miles on it for less than 66K (almost cheaper than Model Y with all options), and it's my wife's daily and she owns it anyway. You think people who drive a 100K vehicle don't have time for life, internet, or life or even watching movies? In fact those who have enough to buy it have more time that those who earn less (I had less free-time in weekends when I was working so hard for others a few years ago... that's how it works).

Last edited:
I checked the photos of the 2021 Model S that am going to test drive this week. There are no holes. Is that an indication that it has no sensors? If so, when will the software be able to accommodate (sensor-like) behavior? Will that (in the present) impact the vehicle ability to park itself or navigate in tight places (parking lots or garages without notifying me that am close enough)? Am kind of surprise about lack of parking sensors!!!
You're a newbie, you should ask the Tesla Service Center adviser when you test drive. They are very knowledgeable. 🙂

Last edited:
  • Funny
Reactions: VT_EE
Status
Not open for further replies.