Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

Snippiness 2.0

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
Status
Not open for further replies.
Since you are the one posting here asking to partake in the activity, YOU feel free to go debate what you're up to with the thread. I've given my opinion. You can ignore it.
I’ve already read the thread - there’s zero reports of tesla cancelling order in the past 3 months. Last report is November. Several successful posts in the past month or two. Feel free to add any other data point to the thread.

I’ve already read the thread, you clearly haven’t. There’s zero recent reports of tesla cancelling order for this.

I'm sorry, but you're mistaken - there are many examples of people attempting to violate the terms of the Tesla reservation system to buy/sell spots in line and having either the reservation cancelled, or their account blacklisted. I know that someone who's been here for a whole 28 hours might not be aware, hence my post.

Here's a trivial example since you don't believe in reality: Tesla cancelled reservation that I bought from a person

Feel free to charge forward despite this real world advice - it's your money and account

Last edited:
Given that two different 60A breakers tripped when the car was reading 48A draw, I think we can conclude that the ammeter is correct and that the Tesla Wall Connector is defective.

No, we can’t. According to the poster in question, It worked with a 50 amp breaker. A failure with the wall connector would have resulted in the 50 amp breaker also tripping.

Also I cannot imagine a failure mode that resulted in it drawing just a little more amps that it should have. If OP said it was drawing 100-120 amps for a few seconds before it tripped, that’s a short. Electrical components generally fail shorted/closed or open. Especially high voltage AC components. If what OP has described is correct, it has failed in some sort of low-resistance but not shorted way. Loose connections would not increase the current draw.

And being that the wall connector is essentially a contactor (and does not limit the current in any way) if there is a defect it is most likely with the car charger itself and not the wall connector.

Go back to watching YouTube how to videos instead of almost knowing something about electricity.

Last edited:
I still don't get why everyone is surprised by this. I mean, honestly, we all knew in advance that based upon Tesla and SpaceX, which are both "nose to the grindstone" corporate cultures, that the pre-existing lackadaisical work culture at Twitter was not going to last.
Did you work at Twitter and were there for the lackadaisical work culture? By all accounts Twitter grew to be a huge success through this "lackadaisical" work culture. Space Karen is just being a d**** wielding power.

• Funny
Reactions: bkp_duke
Did you work at Twitter and were there for the lackadaisical work culture? By all accounts Twitter grew to be a huge success through this "lackadaisical" work culture. Space Karen is just being a d**** wielding power.

LoL. Touchy, eh?

I do run a multi-million dollar company (not billion), in the tech space. I have clients similar to Twitter, and the running joke when we go to meet them in SV is how disconnected from "reality" that the work culture is there. Twitter had a reputation for being "one of the most cush" of the bunch.

Now, I'll ask you - did YOU work at Twitter? Were YOU there for massages, free dry cleaning, premium dinners, etc. etc?

And "huge success" could be argued ALL DAY long on Twitter. By all accounts, even those of former C-suite execs, it was dramatically underperforming it's peers (Facebook, Google, Tiktok, etc.). The code base, by the admission of the code engineers, had long since stagnated with new features taking a year or more for simple things to change.

Reactions: SO16
Ah, personal attacks, the last resort of someone who knows his actual argument is wrong :)

I literally quoted you... twice now... suggesting something. I suppose one could say your claim was stronger than a suggestion though. Here it is a third time

Which is weird since you cite Green as one of your sources.

And Green tells us there's not enough computer for HW3 to do FSD....but I guess we come to that next-

Thanks for confirming what I said... you consider him reliable when he agrees with you, and not when he doesn't. Odd choice, espectially when the compute/code part is more his area of expertise (where you don't believe him) than the manufacturing/assembly part which is not his area of expertise, but you DO trust him on that... (well, not entirely-- since he lists a NUMBER of reasons you can't retrofit- not just the "size of the computer" which would be the EASIEST part for Tesla to make refittable if they wished to)
Whatever dude. I don't even know why I am arguing with you. You're the only one who is disagreeing with me. Even after I addressed all the points, you still claim I said something I didn't. Your interpretation is wrong. Period, end of story.

As for form factor. This is how I see you, now:
images-5.jpeg

But, of course, the real you is this:
63377.jpg

One major issue I have with (what I can only assume is the lack of radar) is the forward collision alerts sounding when driving towards the sun in very bright conditions (happened twice now). I'm thinking I need to file a complaint with the NHTSA actually as the alert generally makes me slam my breaks which could cause someone to rear end me (since there is nothing to in front of me).
You must be a natural standup comedian.

Ah, personal attacks, the last resort of someone who knows his actual argument is wrong :)

I literally quoted you... twice now... suggesting something. I suppose one could say your claim was stronger than a suggestion though. Here it is a third time

Which is weird since you cite Green as one of your sources.

And Green tells us there's not enough computer for HW3 to do FSD....but I guess we come to that next-

Thanks for confirming what I said... you consider him reliable when he agrees with you, and not when he doesn't. Odd choice, espectially when the compute/code part is more his area of expertise (where you don't believe him) than the manufacturing/assembly part which is not his area of expertise, but you DO trust him on that... (well, not entirely-- since he lists a NUMBER of reasons you can't retrofit- not just the "size of the computer" which would be the EASIEST part for Tesla to make refittable if they wished to)
@ Mods: This is not snippy. I'll repost. It's pretty damn accurate if you ask me.

Whatever dude. I don't even know why I am arguing with you. You're the only one who is disagreeing with me. Even after I addressed all the points, you still claim I said something I didn't. Your interpretation is wrong. Period, end of story.

As for form factor. This is how I see you, now:
images-5.jpeg

But, of course, the real you is this:
63377.jpg

No - that's not how it will work.

What will happen is that on February 28, Tesla will tell me that my Model Y is scheduled for delivery on March 3 and I'll make payment. On March 1, Musk will announce that all Teslas starting that day will have HW4. On March 2, the tax credit will end and I'll be stuck paying $7,500 more for a vehicle with obsolete hardware. I'll take delivery of my overpriced, obsolete vehicle on March 3 only to discover it needs to be repainted. When I get home with it, I'll find out that the Mobile Connector I received last month doesn't work and I'll have no way to charge the vehicle. Tesla will be out of stock on replacements, so the vehicle will sit idle for weeks during which time the battery will die and need to be towed back to the service center. In the meantime, Tesla won't get the registration paperwork to me in time and I'll be stuck paying an additional $300 penalty for late registration and that will be after I get pulled over and ticketed for no registration. :D
Bruuuhhhhhh. This has to be a troll.

If not, I can just hear the bitch in your voice now. Would slap the sh!t out of you. Lol!

OD 1/20
EDD :3/7-03/13 No win
I see many orders placed after me getting their cars !
Disappointing, Frustrating, unfair.
This is being very stressful experience .
I can’t wait this to be over !!!
Tesla doesn’t care for their customers!
This has been a learning lesson for me.
Never again
How do people like you exist? Did you do absolutely no research prior to purchasing a Tesla?

Tesla is known to take a very long time to deliver their cars (several months to years). Being able to pickup a Tesla or have an EDD within weeks/months is already a significant improvement from Tesla.

If you can't handle these inconveniences then I would recommend just cancelling your order. It's possible for your car to come with minor scratches, panel gaps, small defects, etc so if you're gonna complain about waiting, then you'll probably be complaining over that too.

How do people like you exist? Did you do absolutely no research prior to purchasing a Tesla?

Tesla is known to take a very long time to deliver their cars (several months to years). Being able to pickup a Tesla or have an EDD within weeks/months is already a significant improvement from Tesla.

If you can't handle these inconveniences then I would recommend just cancelling your order. It's possible for your car to come with minor scratches, panel gaps, small defects, etc so if you're gonna complain about waiting, then you'll probably be complaining over that too.
are you the tesla cop in these forums? Why are you telling people to don't complain? The person is making a legitimate complaint. It doesn't matter if the person did the research or not. Everybody is feeling the frustration about the delays and Tesla skipping orders.

• Funny
Reactions: ElectricIAC
Status
Not open for further replies.