Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

Snippiness 2.0

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
Status
Not open for further replies.
Nearly every Tesla owner can fill his "tank" to FULL in his own home.

ICE owners cannot do that, and instead get to wait in lines for gas (while there is some left). Once the run on gasoline is on, the gas runs out. Electricity doesn't run out.

The sooner we start to remove the ~2 billion ICE vehicles on the planet, the better: LET THEM BURN and take the Tesla with you.

Why are some so slow to comprehend?

Now, more than ever, we need smart, educated people to act. "Act" means STOP BUYING FOSSIL FUELS, and eating animal flesh.

You would think more people would see the correlations, but I expect too much:

We’re running out of hurricane names during the 2020 storm season

AND:

Animal agriculture is responsible for 18 percent of greenhouse gas emissions, more than the combined exhaust from all transportation.

"Livestock's Long Shadow: environmental issues and options". Food and Agriculture Organization of the United Nations. Rome 2006

Secondary sources:
COWSPIRACY: The Sustainability Secret
I’m not arguing if ice is better than electric or not. I’m saying Your notion that a Tesla is better for evacuation purposes because it’s electric is stupid.
Like I said no one keeps their vehicle on empty when there’s a threat of evacuation. And I’m willing to bet there are more ice vehicle owners being evacuated than electric car owners and they seem to be doing just fine getting out.

Now I’m going to fire up the V10 engine and take a nice 30 minute drive to a store and get a few steaks for tonight.
AF5CA629-A656-4176-94F0-3427DEFEEE5E.gif

• Love
Reactions: SSedan
I’m not arguing if ice is better than electric or not. I’m saying Your notion that a Tesla is better for evacuation purposes because it’s electric is stupid.
Like I said no one keeps their vehicle on empty when there’s a threat of evacuation. And I’m willing to bet there are more ice vehicle owners being evacuated than electric car owners and they seem to be doing just fine getting out.

Now I’m going to fire up the V10 engine and take a nice 30 minute drive to a store and get a few steaks for tonight.
View attachment 588535

Again, missing the point.

The ONLY way to get to a full "Tank" is to fill up at home. Do you have a gas station in your garage?

Gee, I'd guess the answer is "no."

Just about everyone with a Tesla CAN fill up, at any time, to 100% "Full."

Second, when "bugging out" of a fire zone, one would take the most precious items. ICE vehicles should be left behind to burn--they're a contributing cause to why the west is on fire . . . .

(Ah, yes, thanks to this poster's last post here we now know why the planet is going to Hell--people that appear to be intentionally ignorant as all get out, or that just don't give a damn. How do they end up anywhere near a Tesla forum?)

For those that do care, here's why every single friggin' visit to a gas station hastens our planet's demise (stop buying fossil fuels!):

News | Huge Cavity in Antarctic Glacier Signals Rapid Decay

Key point:

About the size of Florida, Thwaites Glacier is currently responsible for approximately 4 percent of global sea level rise. It holds enough ice to raise the world ocean a little over 2 feet (65 centimeters) and backstops neighboring glaciers that would raise sea levels an additional 8 feet (2.4 meters) if all the ice were lost.

And, from this week no less:

Two Antarctic glaciers are breaking up and it could have major consequences for sea level rise - CNN

"We knew they were sleeping giants and these were the ones losing a lot of miles (of ice), but how far and how much still remains a large uncertainty," Lhermitte said. "These ice shelves are in the early phase of disintegration, they're starting to tear apart."

Thwaites Glacier is one of the largest and most unstable ice streams in Antarctica. It's a giant mass of more than 192,000 square kilometers (74,000 square miles) -- an area similar in size to the US state of Florida, or Great Britain.

Again, missing the point.

The ONLY way to get to a full "Tank" is to fill up at home. Do you have a gas station in your garage?

Gee, I'd guess the answer is "no."

Just about everyone with a Tesla CAN fill up, at any time, to 100% "Full."

Second, when "bugging out" of a fire zone, one would take the most precious items. ICE vehicles should be left behind to burn--they're a contributing cause to why the west is on fire . . . .

(Ah, yes, thanks to this poster's last post here we now know why the planet is going to Hell--people that appear to be intentionally ignorant as all get out, or that just don't give a damn. How do they end up anywhere near a Tesla forum?)

For those that do care, here's why every single friggin' visit to a gas station hastens our planet's demise (stop buying fossil fuels!):

News | Huge Cavity in Antarctic Glacier Signals Rapid Decay

Key point:

About the size of Florida, Thwaites Glacier is currently responsible for approximately 4 percent of global sea level rise. It holds enough ice to raise the world ocean a little over 2 feet (65 centimeters) and backstops neighboring glaciers that would raise sea levels an additional 8 feet (2.4 meters) if all the ice were lost.

And, from this week no less:

Two Antarctic glaciers are breaking up and it could have major consequences for sea level rise - CNN

"We knew they were sleeping giants and these were the ones losing a lot of miles (of ice), but how far and how much still remains a large uncertainty," Lhermitte said. "These ice shelves are in the early phase of disintegration, they're starting to tear apart."

Thwaites Glacier is one of the largest and most unstable ice streams in Antarctica. It's a giant mass of more than 192,000 square kilometers (74,000 square miles) -- an area similar in size to the US state of Florida, or Great Britain.
Uh no it’s not, I have a gas station within a mile radius of my house. I can fill up and drive home and my cars tank is full, sure it’s not filled to the brim but it’s “full”.

the only person missing the point is you, because as I said I’m not arguing the environmental aspect of ice vs ev, but whatever, it’s pointless to argue with you because all you do is copy paste the exact same thing over and over again without actually comprehending what it is we’re discussing.

Vegans are the worst.

Yeah, they sure are, pointing out that people make poor choices which risk our entire planet while many much prefer to remain intentionally ignorant . . . .

Just who the heck do they think they are to make people experience the discomfort of cognitive dissonance?!?

How dare they!

"Please don't bother me with any facts; my mind is made up."
--Too Many Posters on TMC

Yeah, they sure are, pointing out that people make poor choices which risk our entire planet while many much prefer to remain intentionally ignorant . . . .

Just who the heck do they think they are to make people experience the discomfort of cognitive dissonance?!?

How dare they!

Peace be with you.

• Love
Reactions: SSedan and AMPd

How dare they!

Do you have any links to sites that back up your claims?

• Funny
Reactions: ucmndd
Do you have any links to sites that back up your claims?

I'm only about 98% sure that you're joking, right?

In case you really are serious in asking that question, here you go, from the UN FAO many years ago, sourced via:

Animal agriculture is responsible for 18 percent of greenhouse gas emissions, more than the combined exhaust from all transportation.

"Livestock's Long Shadow: environmental issues and options". Food and Agriculture Organization of the United Nations. Rome 2006

Interactive: What is the climate impact of eating meat and dairy?

And so many others as well . . . .

I'm only about 98% sure that you're joking, right?

In case you really are serious in asking that question, here you go, from the UN FAO many years ago, sourced via:

Interactive: What is the climate impact of eating meat and dairy?

And so many others as well . . . .
Wow that’s insane. You know what else I think you might like

3565BDE5-775F-44B7-A1DC-EB40DBEE7DBC.jpeg

• Love
Reactions: cucubits

I know I’m going to regret engaging on this with you because, well, I always do. But.

The only cognitive dissonance I’m experiencing on this subject is how I know you’re essentially correct in your facts and frankly share many/most of your values - yet I just find your preachy chicken little act and hardline fundamentalism so off putting and distasteful that I actually want to go out and eat a big fat steak that was cooked by the heat of a 900hp internal combustion engine being fired by ethanol grown in a clear cut Brazilian sugar cane field that used to be old growth rain forest.

If you really care about this stuff as much as you claim to, you seriously need to re-examine your tactics. You’re making enemies of allies due to them choking on your toxic smug.

• Funny
  • Helpful
Reactions: SSedan and AMPd
I know I’m going to regret engaging on this with you because, well, I always do. But.

The only cognitive dissonance I’m experiencing on this subject is how I know you’re essentially correct in your facts and frankly share many/most of your values - yet I just find your preachy chicken little act and hardline fundamentalism so off putting and distasteful that I actually want to go out and eat a big fat steak that was cooked by the heat of a 900hp internal combustion engine being fired by ethanol grown in a clear cut Brazilian sugar cane field that used to be old growth rain forest.

If you really care about this stuff as much as you claim to, you seriously need to re-examine your tactics. You’re making enemies of allies due to them choking on your toxic smug.

We'll guess you don't read the newspaper much, and your TV plays Faux News most of the day?

I'd suggest a bit of intellectual expansion as an Rx; it is long overdue. If you'd like a clue on how so many have been so easily fooled, by so few, with so very, very little, here's a great video to watch:

Climate of Doubt

Thanks for your insightful reply--we can learn a lot about posters . . . via their posts.

The econuts have been telling us we only have 10more years for decades.........but their disciples never quite get it.
That is cognitive dissonance.
We only have one planet, we need to take care of it, but the chicken little routine is proven a lie with nothing more than the passage of time.

For those not familiar with the concept, many people, when called out for stunningly poor choices which risk our entire planet's future (see: western US on fire, among other examples), fail to address their problem.

At all.

Instead, they use logical fallacies to make them feel better about their choices--an "attack the messenger" plan. Here is just one example, one that has filled nearly every response in this thread no less:

Your logical fallacy is ad hominem

ad hominem
You attacked your opponent's character or personal traits in an attempt to undermine their argument.
Ad hominem attacks can take the form of overtly attacking somebody, or more subtly casting doubt on their character or personal attributes as a way to discredit their argument. The result of an ad hom attack can be to undermine someone's case without actually having to engage with it.

Status
Not open for further replies.