Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

Snippiness 2.0

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
Status
Not open for further replies.
Stop being lazy. It’s LITERALLY at the top of the forum. Shall I read it out loud for you too?
So...when you said it was the thread about Supercharger speed throttling, what you really meant was it was an unrelated thread that says it's about capacity loss of the batteries. No wonder you weren't making sense. Thanks for finally clearing that up.

• Disagree
Reactions: glide
So...when you said it was the thread about Supercharger speed throttling, what you really meant was it was an unrelated thread that says it's about capacity loss of the batteries. No wonder you weren't making sense. Thanks for finally clearing that up.
Try doing some reading, my guy.

To the OP’s point, Tesla crippled your vehicle and they aren’t going to do anything to fix it for you. Sorry, but that is the type of company they are.

The good news is you are automatically party to a class action lawsuit and you will likely be compensated to some degree.

• Disagree
Reactions: Rocky_H
If ever I have met a troll, I have seen one today... Get a grip.

That said, I'm tuning out of this thread to focus on the shareholders meeting. To point, I do not work for Tesla.

If I did, why would I have an OLD AP1 MS? :D
Don’t like what I have to say because it’s going to impact the stock price when Tesla is forced to address it? I get it.

Have fun at the board meeting, Boomer.

I suggest you do some reading on the topic before spouting off about it, one who is wise beyond his years.

I give. You have to have the last word. :rolleyes:

160572067683e562faff2fbedb33413b.gif

[The NHTSA has] been in contact with many Tesla owners gathering evidence as part of their investigation.

Oh really? Surely in this 13000 post thread there would be someone who would have posted if the NHTSA had reached out to them for "evidence". Any proof of this? I haven't seen any.

These investigators are looking for specific data as part of the investigation. I urge anyone not yet contacted to offer your own data if you hadn't been contacted already.

I'll just note that this is a bunch of nonsense. Don't waste the NHTSA's time. There's not much, if anything, many here could provide them that they don't already have on this.

Again, not a safety issue, so not anything the NHTSA cares about.

As I've noted previously, I personally reached out to the NHTSA (through counsel) offering to provide first hand data (as in, data not from Tesla directly) about thousands of battery modules, including data on several vehicles I'd acquired with the range loss issue (condition Z), along with a detailed analysis of the issue at hand, analysis of Tesla's software changes (when they occurred, what they do, etc), how Tesla was testing for the issues, the mitigations implemented, etc. Also provided a reasonably detailed summary of the same. Their response was pretty dismissive, basically saying, without directly saying, that they already had all of this and didn't need data from me. A follow-up phone conversation by my counsel on the matter pretty much confirmed that, and the impression was that it's pretty obvious the whole matter is "outside their purview" (as in, not a safety issue).

O/T, and sorry about that, but want to express my apologies to the reasonable folks here if I end up unable to participate in this discussion further soon. Seems the usual suspects are causing trouble for the moderators, baselessly reporting my posts for imagined rules violations.

Seems I'm now in danger of being permabanned over this post ... *sigh* ... And here I was thinking this thread was finally getting back on track and staying mostly reasonable. I personally don't see any rule violations regarding the post in question, nor any of my posts since being chastised for snark last month.

But, just wanted to post a quick heads up, in case that does happen, so at least you'll all know why I disappeared. Would definitely be a win for the wrong folks, IMO.

And please don't waste the admins/mods time with this issue, and please don't flood this thread with this O/T discussion (some upvotes on this post would be sufficient, lol). The mods seem to have enough issues with the actual troublemakers, even if that leads to them making some, frankly, pretty silly decisions (such as potentially banning or otherwise censoring me). So, don't make more work for them then needs to be. I'm an admin/mod at another large forum (non-Tesla), and I know it's a thankless job that's often filled with nonsense.

Anyway, have fun! Hopefully it all works out.

Can you quote the exact language of the warranty that you think is breached or otherwise relevant to this allegation of "warranty fraud"?
Can you quote the exact language and give citations of the laws that you think were "definitely broken"?

You can't ask people to cite things here. You'll get reprimanded! :eek: /s

Hilarious. If they would actually read your posts with care they would see that you are sort of on their side in imagining that the affected parties have a legal remedy. Their inability to see that in your posts suggests the level of cognitive resources at their disposal. Hopefully the moderators have more than those reporting you. I guess we will see.

Yeah, I do believe Tesla is in the wrong here, but I don't think there's a whole lot anyone can or will do about it that will result in anything positive at this point.

The loudest in the thread will keep the noise level high, pushing all manner of imagined legal issues, unfortunately. At some point I'll have to stop wasting time here (either from being banned, or actually needing to do other things)... but for the moment I'd prefer the noise makers not win the day.

----

O/T: Fun stats I compiled about this thread as of this post (yes, I wasted time on this while waiting on a firmware update issue):
  • The user with the most posts in this thread has 1,717 posts in this thread alone... almost 13% of the thread. (Good lord...)
  • The top two users in the thread make up nearly a full 20% (1 in 5) posts in the thread.
  • Top top few users were not who I figured they'd be...
  • I'm actually only the #22 poster by count in this thread with 137 posts, just over 1% of the thread (but #6 ranked by positive ratings count).
  • The user with the most dislikes has 3x more than the #2 user (I'm actually #6 for dislikes thanks to only 3 users, only 2 of which are in the top 30 for posts here).
  • Coincidentally, the user with the most dislikes has the most positive ratings as well. (Eliminating ratings from only the same 3 users as noted above drops them out of the top 30 for positive ratings, however... lol)
  • 485 unique users have posted at least once here.
  • 146 users have posted 10 or more times here.
  • 46,169 ratings have been given to posts in this thread (43,094 were not "dislikes")
  • Edit: Forgot to add some fun word counts:
    • update: 3,728 mentions
    • warranty: 3501 mentions
    • voltage: 2755 mentions
    • NHTSA: 1,091 mentions
    • EPA: 706 mentions
    • condition z: 397 mentions
    • lawsuit: 541 mentions
    • 4.2 volts: 149 mentions
    • dieselgate: 137 mentions
    • condition x: 129 mentions
Tons of other cool data. It's definitely pretty clear who makes noise and who contributes when you do some basic parsing and analysis of the data. For example, using post count vs ratings, combined with recursively weighting and balancing ratings from, for example, users who continuously give positive or negative ratings to the same people (regardless of the ratings of others), you basically get a list of users weighted by merit, and a second list of clear troublemakers. lol.

Last edited:
You can't ask people to cite things here. You'll get reprimanded! :eek: /s

Yeah, I do believe Tesla is in the wrong here, but I don't think there's a whole lot anyone can or will do about it that will result in anything positive at this point.

The loudest in the thread will keep the noise level high, pushing all manner of imagined legal issues, unfortunately. At some point I'll have to stop wasting time here (either from being banned, or actually needing to do other things)... but for the moment I'd prefer the noise makers not win the day.

----

O/T: Fun stats I compiled about this thread as of this post (yes, I wasted time on this while waiting on a firmware update issue):
  • The user with the most posts in this thread has 1,717 posts in this thread alone... almost 13% of the thread. (Good lord...)
  • The top two users in the thread make up nearly a full 20% (1 in 5) posts in the thread.
  • Top top few users were not who I figured they'd be...
  • I'm actually only the #22 poster by count in this thread with 137 posts, just over 1% of the thread (but #6 ranked by positive ratings count).
  • The user with the most dislikes has 3x more than the #2 user (I'm actually #6 for dislikes thanks to only 3 users, only 2 of which are in the top 30 for posts here).
  • Coincidentally, the user with the most dislikes has the most positive ratings as well. (Eliminating ratings from only the same 3 users as noted above drops them out of the top 30 for positive ratings, however... lol)
  • 485 unique users have posted at least once here.
  • 146 users have posted 10 or more times here.
  • 46,169 ratings have been given to posts in this thread (43,094 were not "dislikes")
  • Edit: Forgot to add some fun word counts:
    • update: 3,728 mentions
    • warranty: 3501 mentions
    • voltage: 2755 mentions
    • NHTSA: 1,091 mentions
    • EPA: 706 mentions
    • condition z: 397 mentions
    • lawsuit: 541 mentions
    • 4.2 volts: 149 mentions
    • dieselgate: 137 mentions
    • condition x: 129 mentions
Tons of other cool data. It's definitely pretty clear who makes noise and who contributes when you do some basic parsing and analysis of the data. For example, using post count vs ratings, combined with recursively weighting and balancing ratings from, for example, users who continuously give positive or negative ratings to the same people (regardless of the ratings of others), you basically get a list of users weighted by merit, and a second list of clear troublemakers. lol.

And I guess Ed Niedermeyer is one of them. Same writing style, same agenda.

Finally the thread is taking the right direction again. Thanks to Jason for not pulling out and leaving the thread to the agitation, loudspeakers and Ed Niedermeyer and Keef Wivanev.

To make a long story short the conclusion for me after the last posts and also from the experiences of a Tesla customer from France who went back to FW 2019:

Tesla is pulling an Apple on us. Sad. It’s all about selling new cars. Cashflow Is king

Maybe some specialized trim,
What exactly do you think a Model Y with staggered 35 series tires is????

Higher clearance for snow, hills, etc.
So the fact that the Performance Y has lowered suspension didn't clue you in to the fact that it had low--very low--ground clearance???

Dude or Dudette, there is no shame in screwing up. We've all done it; it's part of life. But you spend an awful lot of time blaming Tesla for your not understanding what a Performance Y was before you bought one. Next time you spend $70K, maybe do a little research first. Man up or woman up--whatever your preferred gender identity is--learn from your screw up and buy some 19" wheels. Seriously, you're just embarrassing yourself now. Hell, I've had far more serious screw ups in my time. No big deal. Especially this. You can sell your ubertines for damn near what a set of forged 19" wheels will cost. You'll get better wheels, better tires, and spend next to nothing when all is said and done. It's not Tesla's fault you don't know didly about cars. And it's no shame to you either. These days so few people know anything at all about cars; they expect everything to be spoon fed to them. You can use this experience to decide to be a more independent and informed consumer. Or you can whine about it to a bunch of people who clearly don't give a F&*%%. Your choice: Expect to be spoon fed and be disappointed--a lot--or buy yourself a box of "Toughen the F&^% up" and lead a happier and healthier life.

Before you go on personal attacks idiot, read up and you will see that I don't have a Y. I have an order for the Y. I have the 3 performance (stealth).

In fact I have done the research. I need nothing spoon fed to me. I have had plenty of performance cars with staggered setups and exclusive trims. In SUV variant, all of them came with all-season tires..

The person who should be embarrassed is you for coming up with some dumb excuse for something that is so irrational that only an irrational fanboy could blindly defend. Show me examples of SUVs that compete in the class of highest trims of SUVs (ie XM5, XM6, Porsche, Range that only come with summer tires). Show me on the Tesla website where the type of tires are shown). Go on, I will wait. You are a joke. Stop embarrassing yourself and do some research instead of running your mouth.

Status
Not open for further replies.