Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

Snippiness 2.0

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
Status
Not open for further replies.
I used the :rolleyes: emoji to show sarcasm.
I don't think he got the sarcasm
I got the sarcasm.
I think that he is an idiot that believes an organization that literally crippled Autopilot with their stupid regulations is able to ever produce viable regulation for anything regarding FSD.

UN is not about safety, it is not about innovation, it is there for the bullsh!t politics.

Put another way, UN will be the last regulatory body that will have useful regulation re FSD.
And it will be a copy and paste hodge-podge of other regulators policies.

• Disagree
Reactions: diplomat33
I got the sarcasm.
I think that he is an idiot that believes an organization that literally crippled Autopilot with their stupid regulations is able to ever produce viable regulation for anything regarding FSD.

UN is not about safety, it is not about innovation, it is there for the bullsh!t politics.

Put another way, UN will be the last regulatory body that will have useful regulation re FSD.
And it will be a copy and paste hodge-podge of other regulators policies.
If Level 3 vehicles come first to countries that have adopted these regulations wouldn't that mean that it is viable?
Not saying it's going to happen but it's certainly a possibility. The lack of regulation in the United States might delay the release of Level 3 systems here.

• Disagree
Reactions: mikes_fsd
This thread flew off the planet and left the rails at escape velocity towards the abyss long ago with insufficient delta-V to return.

---

Edit: Also, I love how my posts are generally well received... like, there's one a couple pages back with dozens of positive ratings... and two dislikes from the same people as always haha. With a couple of the FUDsters having me on ignore now (supposedly), there's only two that consistently flag my posts "Disagree", and only one that does it without even pretending to care about the content (at least the other pretends to read and doesn't thumbs down some posts lol).

If you "Disagree" with my posts without explanation, I'm going to just do the same at least 2x. Like, literally three people in this thread account for about 80% of all of the "Disagree" ratings I've ever gotten out of thousands of posts. Should say something about the SNR around here.

I'd kindly ask the reasonable folks around here to rate all posts here appropriately, and if you have a problem with something say why. Should help weed out the wheat from the chaff a bit at a glance.

Sad that you are playing such a kids game and have to way back to dislike my comments. Haha btw I don't get butt hurt. Honestly you lost all credibility and trust. You were one to come and say there was a problem and knew exactly what it was. I don't owe you any explanation really to why I dislike any comment of yours obviously I kinda have answered it. Just like you don't owe it to us. So please keep playing child games and don't help us out Mr expert!

This thread totally cracks me up. It reminds me of the short video on the internet of three people riding an escalator and it suddenly stops, and they are looking around and then start crying out for help, and no one is around, and one of them says "well what are we supposed to do now," and "whos gonna come help us?"....lol

I am amazed at two points here: 1. That its such a mystifying process to change a 12v battery for people in 2020. I am amazed at the lack of even the most basic mechanical skills people have now. 2. That people think Tesla "owes" them something after the warranty expires. Thats just as amazing. Dude, your warranty is over, what do you want from them ! Its a consumable item. You certainly don't bitch if your tires start to wear down, and expect Tesla to just drop what they are doing and run right out to change em.

Put your man pants on, buy a set of hand tools, and learn how to change a car battery, for fuks sake. And also learn how to change a tire, so you can help someone on the side of the road. (IF your overly entitled hands can get dirty)

Yep. EIVs. Environmentally Irresponsible Vehicles. Please enjoy them away from sentient people who enjoy clean air,.
Preach much? I can guarantee your Teslas have contributed just as much to the destruction of the planet as my Porsche has... You also reside in one of the largest energy hog locations on the planet. So, there is another thing... Lastly, I grew up in Southern California, not far from you, so trust me when I say, you know nothing about clean air and all that power you consume out there is not helping anyone.

For you to assume I am unfeeling as a result of enjoying a gas utilizing car is counter to whatever culture you are espousing. Unless it is, of course (and likely) Cancel Culture and you should probably be careful propping that up. Who knows, you could be next...

SS

Reactions: CO_MY
Environmentally Irresponsible Vehicles? LOL. Our teslas did not magically birth from Hometree in Pandora. Accounting for the carbon footprint required to build these cars, you would have to own and drive your Tesla for years(8? 9?) before you can claim that it is causing less pollution than an average ICE car. So, get back to us in 2029 before you claim the Porsche is an EIV.

BTW, I know it has nothing to do with your username, but the rotary in my RX revs to 9,000 RPM. Now thats music to my ears!

Reactions: empiredown
Preach much? I can guarantee your Teslas have contributed just as much to the destruction of the planet as my Porsche has... You also reside in one of the largest energy hog locations on the planet. So, there is another thing... Lastly, I grew up in Southern California, not far from you, so trust me when I say, you know nothing about clean air and all that power you consume out there is not helping anyone.

For you to assume I am unfeeling as a result of enjoying a gas utilizing car is counter to whatever culture you are espousing. Unless it is, of course (and likely) Cancel Culture and you should probably be careful propping that up. Who knows, you could be next...

SS
Have fun with your ICE vehicle and polluting your own community. Good to know you are not in California. Unlike you, I am an LA native and lived through "smog days" with stinging eyes and burning lungs. I have watched as California has led the nation in environmental protection and remediation. And I see the results. Every. Day.

I'm just saying it's a bit hypocritical to use a platform dedicated to TESLAs and EVs to advocate for the worship of noisy, wasteful, polluting vehicles.

SMH.

Reactions: Reborn
Pretty sure you will never see any EV get rid of the 12V battery for some reasons you may or may not have considered. Yet, I would prefer that the 12V battery be used for a reserve emergency use rather than being actively discharged and charged. That too would have a few issues, but not as bad as now.

Correct, the reason for a separate 12v battery is to power critical systems in the event of a high-voltage battery disconnect. This keeps key systems operational such as emergency blinkers, airbags, seatbelt pre-tensioners, and the brake booster.

Also, for the totally helpless portions of the board that would let a car sit in their driveway for two weeks waiting for "help" there is nothing I can offer you except maybe hire a grown man to help you thru life.

For the rest, keep in mind you can grab a regular tiny 9volt battery from a remote control or alarm clock and pop the frunk open. With normal hand tools remove the frunk liner and battery hold down and connectors. Call around, to stores, and tell them you need a "45 Ah / AGM battery" its a deep cycle lead acid battery. That is the exact type of battery the Model 3 uses. I quick checked autozone and they dont have "45 Ah / AGM" in stock at the stores, maybe NAPA. Or, Uber your a$$ over to the SC and pick up one and go home and put it in!....Even if you cant, there is no where on the planet a battery cant be shipped to in two weeks. That's ridiculous and either being helpless, or entitled.

Also, if you decide to get a Lithium battery for it, do NOT get Lithium Ion, get Lithium Iron Phosphate for it. Ohmmu makes one specifically for it.

Definitely don't have the time (or the willpower) to sift through all of the garbage in this thread to find the specific posts and details.

But I've specifically gone over the details several times here. One time the relevant info was snipped by mods, and I reposted it. Some others came in at some point soon after and brought up pretty relevant points that backed up what I'd noted. As expected, buried under noise.

How many have refused updates? Last I saw actual data, the percentage of folks who refuse to update is very very small. I'd estimate less than 50 people have held out on updates based on the fear of losing range, and of those 50 I'd bet none of them would actually be adversely affected (as in, wouldn't lose range) if they were to update.

I don't think Tesla is fine with people not updating, but they have no real way to force updates on people. They've done it to a few (myself included, back in '15) but it's a slippery slope for them and not something many at Tesla have the ability to do.

As for why I think they've done what they've done (range and charging speed losses for some), I went over that in my post above.
Oh but you do have the time to find my post to dislike. Hmmmm

But sure don't attach proof that had been debunked.

Reactions: Droschke
But you’re clearly brainwashed and deserve California. Enjoy it.
How about talking about your Tesla on this forum instead of promoting big-ass noisy ICE vehicles, particularly on a thread having nothing to do with ICE and revving motors? Maybe you need that big motor sound to compensate for other shortcomings, but the clearly labeled "TESLA MOTORS CLUB" name for this website suggests you're barking up the wrong tree.

Status
Not open for further replies.