Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

Snippiness 2.0

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
Status
Not open for further replies.
I'm in here because I was curious. Another reason for me not wanting to get this upgrade is that I don't have a small penis, so no need to compensate for one.
Wow personal attacks now eh? *slow clap* Actually you have it WORST bc yours is non existent so.....*shrugs*
2377280A-D659-4393-86BE-A9F484BD5705.jpeg
Should I tag a mod? Hmmm.

Last edited:
Say you buy a PC with a 2ghz CPU. You discover that they actually put a 2.2GHz CPU in there, because the 2GHz one was out of stock. Cool, you got something a little better than what you paid for.

Screw your wallnuts and other peanuts. When did any other car manufacturer do something like putting a 335-engine in a car that always had a 340 engine without telling customers (never ever)?

All the mess with capping started with 3 fires in parking lots in China when Tesla was forced to react by chinese authorities.
the batteries which caught on fire were stationary.
If you look at my post in context, you will see that my remarks were about the links ingTH posted. Not about all Teslas in all of history. Context is important, especially when you selectively reply/quote. The links for fires posted by ingTH are all accident related and totally irrelevant.

Please look closely at the charts and his additional very useful (and relevant) information he has posted. The comparison "nail" test itself shows various vulnerabilities. As you have advised us previously, don't see any value to what's posted, skip it. We see lots of values in these postings.
Same to you. Don't like a comment? Skip it. Talking about punctured battery packs catching on fire has nothing to do with this thread. And if it does to you, I humbly suggest it may be your desire to fill a vacuum with something—anything. The wild, baseless speculations in this thread have become quite amusing. Even more amusing are those who buy into these wild, baseless speculations and then proselytize as if they were real.

let me help the folks who refuse to connect the dots.
Ing is concerned because due to the shortcomings with our battery, he seems to say that the car is more likely to catch fire in a wreck than it would have been if the battery was healthy. Therefore it warrants concern. Cars spontaneously bursting into flames in your garage: extremely concerning and scary. Cars bursting into flames after a wreck, when in theory they might not have done so: extremely concerning and scary (for example, battery is on fire and the doors won't open). The dots required to come to this conclusion are: lithium plating is probably occurring in all of the capped batteries, and frankly probably ALL classic cars' batteries capped or not (as many refuse updates). ING seems to imply that excessive lithium plating makes a battery a whole lot less stable, in terms of a sudden release of stored energy being possible with a rupture or high temperature condition. Thus, he appears to be concerned about fires during accidents as well as parked.

Believe it or not, your odds of getting into an accident are high, relative to all of the other chance-occurrences that are happening in your day to day life, unless you don't commute every day. You "feel" like the odds aren't bad because you essentially escape unscathed every day, but they are in fact pretty bad (future archeologists will look at us and wonder WTF was wrong with us). Don't get me wrong, I drive everywhere, almost everyone does, but at the end of the day, an already dangerous activity is made less safe by unhealthy batteries.
"seems to say", "in theory", "seems to imply", "appears to be"... Such priceless information.

What's next on tap, checking the horoscopes of the affected vehicles to see if there are any correlations? Maybe we should be looking at UFO influences as well.

Last edited:
If you look at my post in context, you will see that my remarks were about the links ingTH posted. Not about all Teslas in all of history. Context is important, especially when you selectively reply/quote. The links for fires posted by ingTH are all accident related and totally irrelevant.

Same to you. Don't like a comment? Skip it. Talking about punctured battery packs catching on fire has nothing to do with this thread. And if it does to you, I humbly suggest it may be your desire to fill a vacuum with something—anything. The wild, baseless speculations in this thread have become quite amusing. Even more amusing are those who buy into these wild, baseless speculations and then proselytize as if they were real.

"seems to say", "in theory", "seems to imply", "appears to be"... Such priceless information.

What's next on tap, checking the horoscopes of the affected vehicles to see if there are any correlations? Maybe we should be looking at UFO influences as well.

Lol, this post is tripe. You have one half of the thread who will call people on not using words like "seems", "probably", or phrases like "just speculation, but...." Then you have another half, on display here, waiting to pounce on those who do broadcast loudly their speculation with the appropriate qualifiers. To help the onlookers understand how meta and over the heads of some people the comedy in this thread has become (along with their total inability to catch, sarcasm) let me ask AmpedRealtor in relation to my previous post: do prove for us that any of the fires that Ing mentioned, whether related to accidents or not, involved batteries that caught fire while they were actually moving. On the other hand, i can say with high confidence that virtually all battery fires started in stationary batteries, regardless of their velocity in the preceding seconds.

I'm trying to rationalize this feedback from the service center I got today when I picked up my car in for service (PS: I have an extended service agreement)

1. The 12 V battery was replaced ~2.5 years ago by Tesla, Apparently it failed again and this time i did not get any error messages. It also corroded the Intelligent Sensor (6007953). I can understand paying for the 12v battery, but they even charged me for the sensor saying that is was damaged by a battery that was not covered?

2. More importantly, my Model S suddenly started making a squealing (air coming out of a balloon) sound at @58K miles. It squeals every time I accelerate hard (it's that the whole point of a Tesla??). Anyways here's the response I got from them and they won't cover this under extended warranty, but suggested that i pay 2K for an upgraded part.

"Performed test drive and verified that the noise that is present is caused by the in-rush current to the power switches causing a high frequency vibration that is similar to a squeal/whine or ballooning effect. This is a normal condition of the vehicle.... No additional labor is recommended at this point".

So now I got to live with a squealing sound from my car every time i'm supposed to enjoy the pure acceleration of a Tesla! Jeez.

@elonmusk... this makes no sense!!
DUH

I have almost 8 years of Tesla ownership experience on my two X's.

I find it interesting that you joined TMC in July 2020.

Please advise your Tesla ownership experience for me and what you currently drive.......are you a competitor troll?
This again? Yep, you must be just a fanboy.

Btw, if you’re familiar with the the features here on TMC, you’ll be able to answer your question. Good luck!

• Funny
Reactions: P85_DA
Not worth arguing but since Tesla has the worst fit/finish than any brand according to JD Power, VW and everyone will be better by a long shot. I have bought 5 Chevy Bolts and no issues at all with them. One had an issue when they went to fetch it from the back lot for delivery prep, but I never saw it because detailing found the issue.
My son owns a Bolt and he has had all kinds of issues. You appear to have a chip on your shoulder regarding Tesla. OK we will just call it a bias against Tesla.

Last edited:
Ok is it an interesting thread? One geek who’s probably done nothing gets all snotty and starts the thread but at least gets props for taking initiative. Another who’s pretty certainly never done anything takes over. A bunch of stout hearted people try to communicate reality... waste of time. But thanks for the laugh!

Ok is it an interesting thread? One geek who’s probably done nothing gets all snotty and starts the thread but at least gets props for taking initiative. Another who’s pretty certainly never done anything takes over. A bunch of stout hearted people try to communicate reality... waste of time. But thanks for the laugh!
There’s a clean spot on my Elon Musk printed bedsheets
*fap fap fap*

Status
Not open for further replies.