Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

Snippiness 2.0

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
Status
Not open for further replies.
Wow. Chill. Sorry, you got up on the wrong side of the bed. The purpose of this forum is to share helpful information. If you don't like it you can ignore it.
You must be fun to live with. Hey, you might consider changing your oil along with your attitude. Your rude comments have no place on this forum.
Let me get this straight. You don't own a Tesla, but have been on this forum since Feb 2013. So, your purpose here then is attacking TESLA owners? "My EV's better than yours." I am sorry you feel so inadequate. And BTW, I am not really concerned about how much TSLA stock you have (because I know I have more), but we save that size comparison for the Corvette forums.

I've also heard that buying Ford in the first or second year ... and buying Ford in any year or production might be a bad idea. I'll never forget my Mazda with Ford's transmission I've got 20 years ago. It got me stranded in the middle of nowhere in New Hampshire. It perplexes me how Ford suddenly tries to become a reliable semi-luxury brand when it is well known for selling junk for decades.
You sound so ignorant here... Credit where credit is due, the F150 has been the best selling vehicle in the US since 1981. You don't become the staple of work fleets by selling "junk for decades".
I'm not even a Ford guy. I had a Mustang that treated me really well, but I've almost exclusively had Dodge Ram trucks. There's still no denying Ford makes nice vehicles.

First full production assembly line, they used to be heavy into racing and even won a few Le Mans. In the last 10 years or so they've made the Mustang as trackable as a BMW M3. They've taken on their own diesel engine design from Navistar/International, and it's been really impressive.

The Mach-E just launched and has some charging issues. Otherwise it appears to be a really solid car. How are the year one Tesla's doing again? I remember a HUGE list of issues on those Lotus Teslas.

Anyways, just try and be open minded. Competition is good. Tesla is impressive, but big production companies making the move to EV is good for every consumer. Other than the fact that our resale value goes down ;)

Reactions: mk677
I can see your point and remove my vote of apathy towards the non-tilt.

Hopefully you are just ruffling your fur for nothing and they will put the tilt back in. They could have removed due to rattle or the screen vibrating too much while driving to read effectively. Who knows with this company?
It’s dumb to advertise a product with specifics before you’ve developed it and know what you’re selling. I predict Tesla will start getting hit with more and more lawsuits for its reckless business practices — by competitors and/or customers and/or shareholders — and they will correct by getting non-Aspergy executive types to run the company. It can’t carry on like this.

Hmm, with no power, panels do not work.
Untrue with Powerwall--all you need is one, and all of your panel output is yours to enjoy, or charge your Powerwall/Tesla back up with.

MODS: Wow, you remove my extensively linked post(s) on climate change in this thread--THE ENTIRE REASON THAT TESLA EXISTS IN THE FIRST PLACE, and directly related to the OP's question.

Makes me wonder: Do you ever look in the mirror and see evil, or are you just friggin' stupid and/or ignorant?

Wow, just wow.

Watch: speaking truth to power will likely get me banned from TMC and this post will disappear too . . . .

Is it any wonder that so many of the best commentators were removed or disappeared from the investor threads?

Perhaps TMC should invest in better mods, perhaps by paying for competence and removing the others that can't grasp what a planetary-scale threat looks like.

We're not going to reward your marking efforts with clicks or increasing sign up at his ENTERTAINMENT web site. LOL

Has nothing to do with rewarding anybody. You think Dr. Spencer is not a legitimate atmospheric scientist. I have shown you NOAA, NASA, and DOE respects his work. But telling you that is like talking to a fencepost. So, I gave you an opportunity to tell Dr. Spencer himself that he is a physics denier. You turned it down. Why? Because you are a wussy.

• Disagree
Reactions: eevee-fan
The data Spencer uses is as he says it is. If you think otherwise, call him out on it. Show him that goofy red line of yours. I told you to challenge Spencer. You refuse to do it because you are a wussy!

.... ok.... then you make a line of best fit ;) How is mine incorrect? I'm simply asking why Roys data doesn't match other data by the same name... I defend everything I cite... buuuut I also don't cite stuff with clear misspellings ;) Kinda.... kinda shows maybe the peer review wasn't exactly.... thorough... or existent.

Reactions: eevee-fan
Do you also have bias against Chinese? I happened to be a customer of the product and have some conversation with the author of the video on YouTube, I'm living abroad and not related to the vendor, pls don't be skeptical with *everything* Chinese related.
correct my typo

I indeed registered the account just to reply the thread to share the video, because the video helped me a lot so I'd like to share, usually i only browse the forum anonymously, it was a sudden impulse.

actually I believe such detailed installation video showing you taking off/cut/glue door panels would scare away many potential buyers instead

Do you also have bias against Chinese? I happened to be a customer of the product and have some conversation with the author of the video on YouTube, I'm living abroad and not related to the vendor, pls don't be skeptical with anything Chinese related.
Ahh yes, call me a racist. That will convince everyone you're not a shill.

For the record, I never said anything about anyone's ethnicity or country of origin. Calling me a racist is what's referred to an ad hominem attack. Here's a definition:
This fallacy occurs when, instead of addressing someone's argument or position, you irrelevantly attack the person or some aspect of the person who is making the argument.

Reactions: T-Mom
I analyze safety stats as part of my job. I do not agree Tesla's own stats show AP is safer on the highway. The data they present to the public is insufficient to determine this. One interpretation is that they have actually exposed that AP leads to more accidents when in use if you use highway vs surface averages from other cars (see Knightshade above).

I really like collision warning and AEB as well. But plenty of other manufacturers have this, it has nothing to do with AP. Yeah, it might get better with some AP learnings. It might get worse. We have no idea what the magic vision only change will bring. Like I say "don't buy because of this, it can and will change."
Meanwhile, Tesla refuses to add blind spot monitoring displays to their mirrors like every other car out there, forcing you to look at an unnatural location in the car to determine this information. Other cars also use radar for this with very well developed algorithms. My mom refuses to buy a Tesla because this is so important to her. It's a mixed bag.
There is the giant display which shows the cars in a blind spot, plus the giant red highlight for a car in your blind spot if you turn on a blinker, or the auto lane change that is flawless by my standards (2.5 years in for me). But your right, not up to snuff your mom is all over it. ;)

@Cheburashka and @Knightshade I know you're just trolls but...

Which other manufacturer beats Tesla in safety?

Or, which claim that Tesla is making would you like to disagree with? Or is it Euro NCAP or NHTSA that you disagree with?

Please clarify!

1621518536190.png

Last edited:
  • Disagree
Reactions: Knightshade
So this may sound anecdotal but this is one of my biggest beefs with Tesla - the car lacks basic safety features that come on cheap econoboxes, such as blind spot light in the mirror and rear cross traffic detection, while also lacking safety features from higher end cars such as night vision.
So we are going to go with "anecdotal" instead of NHTSA and NCAP and billions of miles of actual real world data as reported here: Tesla Vehicle Safety Report

Am I understanding your "logic" correctly?

@Cheburashka and @Knightshade I know you're just trolls but...

I'm sorry you consider documented facts, with sources from Tesla provided, to be trolling.

It's almost like you're disinterested in honest discussion compared to just stanning for FSD.

Which other manufacturer beats Tesla in safety?

Can you cite where I claimed any did?

No, of course you can't.

Strawmen are the only arguments you seem to ever have.

Or, which claim that Tesla is making would you like to disagree with?

Their "X times safer"claims are based on comparing vastly different data sets.

And the fact we know they HAVE the info to more fairly compare them- but don't- suggest the results don't look nearly as good for them if they were more transparent with the comparison.

That doesn't mean the cars are "dangerous"- I absolutely believe they're the safest cars on the road.

But the "X times safer on AP" claims are hilariously bad misrepresentations if they lump all miles driver into one pile- especially so long as AP remains intended as a limited access divided highway system only but they keep comparing to to ALL miles driver on ALL roads.

It's much like how I agree Tesla makes incredibly quick cars- but they are dishonest in how they represent it because they use a different measurement for the P versus non-P models.

So, you are a troll then...

I absolutely believe they're the safest cars on the road.

I replied to another troll - with direct links of not only claims but also scientific tests (NHTSA and Euro NCAP) that shows that Tesla's are the safest on the road period.
we all agree that Tesla's primary concern is not safety.

You disagreeing with facts is totally your thing though, so you do you!

• Disagree
Reactions: Knightshade
Status
Not open for further replies.