Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

Snippiness 2.0

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
Status
Not open for further replies.
Any Honda or Toyota does 0-60 in 3.5 seconds for $35k? How about even for $60k?

0-60 is totally irrelevant for 95% of the people. I am willing to bet that 95% of people might push it 2-3 times during total of their car ownership. Its irrelevant.

What is relevant is build quality, paint quality, noise in the cabin, baffling like on my Y, blind spot warning and other safety features. You mention glancing at the screen to check for blind spot... There are cases that I've seen where it does not show the car there? What then? The spacial 3-D mapping is not ready. I've seen multiple times system render incoming car that's turning left in front of me as crashing into my car. You think that's ready as safety collision system? I think not.

I don't understand why are people apologizing for Tesla and are willing to overlook just plain shitty work. This was OK to support them when they were building their first car. And second car. But this is their 4th car, supposedly should be the best. And its something that would not have been accepted at this price point from any other manufacturer.

I think I see a trend here: anyone who disagrees with the OP or questions his premise, must be wrong because of <insert random non-fact-based insult here>.

FYI - Although that is the current President's favorite debate style too, it is not particularly persuasive.
Random? Really? Haven’t seen any facts with your name on them, psycho, just opinions. Oh great, someone on the internet has an opinion and an account to login and post opinions and criticisms about which thy hasn’t a fn clue upon which thee speaks.

But thanks psycho for your contributions, your well thought out points about why ebikes are the spawn of the devil have been taken into consideration, I’ll be sure to smash my Turbo Levo in the morning. /endsarcasm

Make America greatly electric again!

All kidding and jousting aside, please watch this video and understand the topic most of us are discussing, I know your feelings are hurt but you’re a big boy now, right?

Stop wasting my time, seriously. Tesla is a shitty company, that's why I won't buy another. The cars are fun but there are compromises... lots of them.

Oh, and the Audi e-tron, Jaguar i-Pace, MBZ whatever, and other EV's don't exist?

Face it--what we have here is an atrocious choice, a huge middle-finger to the entire planet. It's an attempt to save face while making the insane choice to screw over the planet. An informed, responsible adult would contemplate these things before buying a gas-guzzler like the LS, or at least with their first gas fill; a man-child will find all sorts of reasons, or use wilful ignorance, to justify an immoral act.

Men occasionally stumble over the truth, but most of them pick themselves up and hurry off as if nothing had happened.
--Winston Churchill

I'm not attacking, I'm just pointing out that this isn't your first rodeo, and you've said you would never purchase another Tesla product ever again.

It sure doesn't seem like she was purchasing this Model Y. This is what you said in the first post of the thread:

So did she do the inspection and follow through with the purchase? Because it seems like everything you have said was about you accepting and dealing with the Tesla staff...

Like I said, I negotiate car purchases for the family. I also do the dishes. Perhaps a female isn't capable of purchasing a car in your mind? Maybe your impression is that females must be subservient in some way? Not sure how you can presume my wife purchasing a car for her use is somehow in control of the husband. Happy to put you in touch with my wife and interrogate her with regard to who drives the car and made the purchase decision with regard to this attempt. Your misogyny gets more pathetic every moment. My wife would buy me any car I wanted and thinks it is silly that I still prefer to drive a Chevy Bolt as my daily driver.

• Disagree
Reactions: MP3Mike
Perhaps a female isn't capable of purchasing a car in your mind? Maybe your impression is that females must be subservient in some way?

Nope, I've never said any such thing. It seems you are going for a personal attack by trying to put words in my mouth. :eek:

Not sure how you can presume my wife purchasing a car for her use is somehow in control of the husband.

Well everything you have said was about you taking delivery, you communicating with the staff, you taking the car back, and in your words "I was returning the car", so it does seem like you are controlling the purchase.

Like I said, I negotiate car purchases for the family.

I don't recall seeing that, but I wonder if they would be better off if they handled the purchases themselves.

Nope, I've never said any such thing. It seems you are going for a personal attack by trying to put words in my mouth. :eek:
Well everything you have said was about you taking delivery, you communicating with the staff, you taking the car back, and in your words "I was returning the car", so it does seem like you are controlling the purchase.
I don't recall seeing that, but I wonder if they would be better off if they handled the purchases themselves.

More than a few times in this thread, I have said this car was for my wife. You are trying to mansplain why it must have been my purchase to what end? Does that make this delivery not have 18 issues? Attack the messenger.

You have attacked me several times on different threads because I am not a Tesla fanboi. Are you an astroturfer for Tesla, a shareholder perhaps? Hard to explain why you would attack me again and again. Here, you presumed that since I was negotiating and taking delivery while my wife was travelling that somehow I was being deceitful? Typical fanboi nonsense to attack the messenger. It wasn't me that produced such a messed up car, but somehow you attack me?

This thread is about a car delivery gone wrong, you made it personal once again. Do you bully others here, probably. Get a life.

• Disagree
Reactions: MP3Mike
I agree that it is theoretically better, but the magnitude of that benefit has never been established. I really don’t care if the battery will last only 20 years rather than 30.
:D This is listening to teenagers argue why they should be able to slam the doors hard in their house. "You can't show me exactly how much it damages things, so I don't have to stop doing it."

But slamming the doors is a little bit harder on things over the long term and can cause things to loosten or break a bit sooner, but the main reason is that there isn't a good reason for you TO keep slamming the doors, so just don't do it.

If you were leasing for 24 or 36 months would there be any harm in just always charging to 100%?
OMFG, are you kidding me? o_O
Yes there is harm. How can you even ask that? You would be causing harm to the battery and causing harm to the car and the value of it. Would you be the one to experience the consequences of that harm you are causing? No, of course not. You would be making someone else suffer the consequences of your bad actions. Congratulations on being a total ******** and getting away with it.

Yawn. New Tesla owner issues. Get over it and learn to try more supercharger stalls if things aren't going like you'd expect instead of posting on the internet about how you're an idiot and didn't realize the two stalls out of service were the two stalls nobody was using.

• Funny
Reactions: toolman335
That fake $20 bill caused so much damage beyond its initial potential loss.

If George Floyd just used real money nobody would be looting on a national scale. Or If that cop just take Floyd to the police station and not kill him. If George Floyd just robbed a store with a gun, maybe that cop who killed him would be late to show up and let him get away.

The main thing i am wondering is why did Floyd stick around to let cops arrest him when the store employee called the cops? If he was dishonest enough to try use a fake $20 bill why would he not consider taking off when police were on the way?

All this looting and rioting on a global scale over $20!!!
Fentanyl and meth intoxication doesn't make for good decisions.

Actually you are wrong on #2, selling the credits is not damaging to the legacy brands, it helps them sell higher gas burning vehicles. So #2 is correct about it being very lucrative to Tesla, but incorrect in saying it's somehow bad for legacy brands - if it was damaging to them, they simply wouldn't buy those credits from Tesla.

Do a simple benefit comparison:
  1. You buy a prius which get over 50mpg fuel economy (assume not a plug-in)
  2. You buy a Tesla which pollutes nothing (assuming electricty from renewables, which is not true everywhere), but enables a sale of 14mpg car
Which one do you think results in more pollution in the air?

As usual, you just like to look at what you want to see and ignore other facts. It's like with you telling us how Elon is cash poor by not taking any salary and not selling his stock, but are sticking your head in the sand when asked "how does a guy who makes no money pay for his lavish lifestyle, including a number of staffed mansions, private jet, etc.?".

Wow, so much ignorance in such a short post.

Our Teslas, two MS P's, pollute very, very little since our electric bill for the past 13 months is under $22, TOTAL. We use sunlight to power our home and cars via Tesla Energy solar panels.

Second, IIRC, the cost to FCA is GREATER by paying for "green" credits to a competitor. FCA will continue to sell as many GHG-dumping cars and trucks as they can--the only question is the cost of the credits vs. penalties. It is in Tesla's best interest to have FCA (et al) pay Tesla money (a very good thing--it actually leads to profits), vs. paying government penalties (which won't help Tesla).

Why is this hard for you to understand?

Lastly, Elon's lifestyle appears to be an "issue" for you. Why? He's risked his entire net worth, hundreds of millions of dollars at the time, to save Tesla. (And what have you done for the planet recently?)

Regardless, his pay is effectively zero. He has stated that his cash flow comes from borrowing against his assets, of which SpaceX and TSLA shares are likely the vast majority, likely above 95% of his net worth.

Get over it, and stop bitching.

Thank you.

p.s. The Prius remains a generally stupid buy: almost all versions still requires fossil fuels to move it. (First Rule of Holes: When you're in one, STOP DIGGING. That means: Stop buying fossil fuels.) And all Prius versions have the cost, space, and weight inefficiencies of two powertrains. Ever since the Model 3 arrived, buying a Prius is pretty dumb for nearly all use cases.

What’s pathetic is a freaking KIA has much better build quality standards than a Tesla. No way I’d accept a car like pictured above, much less pay a premium for it.
There is no reason every car coming off the Tesla assembly line can’t be put together consistently and near perfectly. I can’t think of a single car mfr. that sells something sold in the US that poorly assembled.
You've been bitching about Tesla from your very first post on TMC. Your posting history suggests a giant paint chip on your shoulder.

If Tesla was truly altruistic and only wanted to move the world to more sustainable transportation, they would not sell credits. That would force the hand of other manufacturers. Leave money on the table? Sure, but that would do more to move other manufacturers.

Yeah, a change-the-world company growing at a breakneck pace, which requires massive capital expenditures (measured in the many BILLIONS), and which loses billions of dollars (due to plowing every dime back into growth and the costs associated with being a start up) should go ahead and just sit on those millions of dollars of green credits provided by legislatures around the globe to spur the development of EV's . . . .

Oh, and there's this too:

But on Monday, Saudi Aramco opened its books, revealing that it generated $111.1 billion in net income last year, making it probably the world’s most profitable company by far.

Source:
Saudi Aramco Is World’s Most Profitable Company, Beating Apple by Far.

(I'll guess you don't have a business degree or an MBA, eh?)

Status
Not open for further replies.