Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

Snippiness 2.0

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
Status
Not open for further replies.
People that fling open their doors right next to another vehicle do this often and just don't care. I have ZERO sympathy for someone like that! I have never once threw open my door when parked next to another vehicle, I'm always careful as to not hit their door. This is what normal good people that respect other peoples property and something everyone should do.

Let's say you did call the police and he did get arrested, he would be out within hours because they don't keep people in holding overnight over something like this, it's just minor property damage. But I love how some people take the side of the party that caused the whole issue, ignoring the party that was minding their own business and had their whole day ruined which will cost them money to repair and it will never truly be the same. Many people take pride in keeping their vehicles nice and there is alway some jerk that doesn't give a crap, to ruin a nice vehicle.
Dumb dumb, the dude with the hammer never let the lady try to make restitution.

And brandishing a weapon may not be a get out of jail within hours especially when the weapon was used on the persons car.

Yes, I once flung a coupe door on another car. It was an accident and after I apologized to the driver he and I both left without incident.

• Disagree
Reactions: Resist
The driver of the truck got out, picked up a ball peen hammer from the bed, walked around to her driver's door and gave it a full swing whack. He then brandished the hammer at the stunned woman and said, "Now we're even." He got in the truck and drove off to cheers from those who saw it happen.

HOLY COW!! I WAS THERE!!!!!!

The coincidence of this is unbelievable. I, too, witnessed this event... however my recollection is slightly different.

There were definitely cheers (from myself included), but mostly from scantily dressed women. I heard the man say "U Can't Touch This" over top of a very catchy tune.

I took this picture:

artworks-000019921395-79vs6y-t500x500.jpg

HOLY COW!! I WAS THERE!!!!!!

The coincidence of this is unbelievable. I, too, witnessed this event... however my recollection is slightly different.

There were definitely cheers (from myself included), but mostly from scantily dressed women. I heard the man say "U Can't Touch This" over top of a very catchy tune.

I took this picture:

artworks-000019921395-79vs6y-t500x500.jpg
First time you said anything about scantily dressed women. Pictures of scantily dressed women or it didn’t happen.

I wouldn’t have taken a hammer to the car, but I would have applauded the guy. Had a cop asked, I didn’t see anything.

Last edited:
I find it baffling how some individuals seem completely indifferent. On two separate occasions, I was in my car when two different women carelessly opened their doors and damaged mine. Instead of acknowledging their mistake, they denied it outright. It's frustrating to witness such behavior, whether it happens to you or someone else, especially in situations like these.
I can see taking a ball peen hammer to cars of people who do this. ;)

Hopefully you took their license plate number and reported a hit and run.

Dumb dumb, the dude with the hammer never let the lady try to make restitution.

And brandishing a weapon may not be a get out of jail within hours especially when the weapon was used on the persons car.

Yes, I once flung a coupe door on another car. It was an accident and after I apologized to the driver he and I both left without incident.
That’s the flaw in your approach. You respect other people’s property and apologized. The woman winged her door open hard into the truck, got out, shut the door and started to walk away. That’s someone who has zero respect for other people’s property. It’s rather naive to think you can have a rational productive discussion with someone like that about her actions and restitution.

The concern about someone pulling a gun is valid today, but this happened in the early ‘70’s when people were less entitled and reactive. These days verbally engaging someone like that is probably just as likely to escalate things as shaking a hammer at them.

That’s the flaw in your approach. You respect other people’s property and apologized. The woman winged her door open hard into the truck, got out, shut the door and started to walk away. That’s someone who has zero respect for other people’s property. It’s rather naive to think you can have a rational productive discussion with someone like that about her actions and restitution.

The concern about someone pulling a gun is valid today, but this happened in the early ‘70’s when people were less entitled and reactive. These days verbally engaging someone like that is probably just as likely to escalate things as shaking a hammer at them.
So this happened 50 years ago? Back then car doors weighed like 250 lbs, so maybe it was an accident. We're lucky there wasn't a child in the way; I can imagine a spring loaded Plymouth fury door launching little Johnny into the next parking lot.

• Funny

Do you have issues with reading comprehension? Here is what was reported in the post:
was sitting in a parking lot waiting to pick up a friend and saw a woman pull in to a parking space next to an older beautifully maintained pickup truck. She winged her door open and hit the truck so hard it rocked a bit from the impact. The driver of the truck got out, picked up a ball peen hammer from the bed, walked around to her driver's door and gave it a full swing whack. He then brandished the hammer at the stunned woman and said, "Now we're even."
Where was it reported that the woman walked away? If I saw the idiot with a ball peen hammer I would have given a full account to the police along with the idiots license number. What if this was your wife or daughter the guy brandished the weapon to?

• Disagree
If I saw the idiot with a ball peen hammer I would have given a full account to the police along with the idiots license number.
Because you don't care about victims and support people that make a choice to not care about other people's property. And that comment about what if...it were your wife or daughter in the car. Well I'd make darn sure my family was considerate enough not ding someone else's vehicle. And don't give me this...Oh it was an accident crap....it was a choice plain and simple!

Wow. Buttercup? That's a new one for me.

I'm calm. Sorry you think the wiper scraping is a huge issue. The few number of posts on this thread would indicate otherwise. ;)
Wow....yes, when you are going to attack quote me. I'm glad you don't care if your new $60k car's paint gets scratched by an issue that an assembly worker could have caught, or Tesla's quality control department (even they even have one) or ever the showroom absolutely should have caught. I don't want me new car scratched because of an issue the company did. And yeah it can be touched up under warranty but I remember having Tesla doing that with my first car and they did a crap job. So that was a waste of a 2 hour there and another 2 hours back. While my new Tesla appears to better overall with regards to panel gaps and what not, there still are issues and Tesla has been selling cars long enough now to get things right. ;)

Was there any Muslim, Arab or Persian ruler at the time (or even now) that aren't considered dictators? Most of the Region's rulers are Theocrats, Monarchs or military strongmen. Sadly, the Shah was the best of the bunch despite his human rights abuses.

But yes, totally understand that many Iranians wanted to have independence and not be seen as under the thumb of the West. But that still doesn't excuse the Iranians bringing into power a bunch of Islamist anti-Semitic Theocrats and spending the next half century taking US hostages and sponsoring terrorism around the world - all the while they beat and kill their women in the streets for showing an inch of skin.

If Ukraine turned into full-on Nazis as a result of Russian invasion and were sponsoring terrorist attacks on civilians all over the world, I don't think many in West would be making excuses for them. Especially if Ukraine was still sponsoring terrorism 50 years after Russian meddling. [My u.]

What is the point of this absurd Ukraine 'fantasy' of yours?...

What if, what if, what if, what if...

What if ...Poland turned into a full on Theocratic Islamofascist Military Dictatorship?!?... And what if they they started to sponsor terrorist attacks on civilians all over the world for 50 years?!?...

Yeah... So what?...

NOT. GOING. TO. HAPPEN!

And niether is your absurd Ukraine fairy tale!

Duh...

Sorry - I am trying (and apparently failing : )) to point out the absurdity [1] how some people constantly bring up Mossadegh and events 50+ years ago to explain or justify the Iranian Regime's current human rights abuses at home and abroad. [My u. and digit within square brackets.]

No matter how grievous crimes committed against Ukraine from Russia, I don't think the world would support Ukraine if they supported purposeful targeting of Russian civilians like Iran is involved in with its proxy support of Hamas and Hezbollah.

I believe Israel's enemies have been held to a lower and different standard morally and even legally because they are seen as weaker and/or victims.

1. Who in this thread has brought up "Mossadegh and events 50+ years ago to explain or justify the Iranian Regime's current human rights abuses at home and abroad"?

Answer: No-one!

This is simply not true!

afadeev
Firstly = what makes you think my wife is less capable than myself in changing tyres, at night in the rain or anywhere else for that matter?

Experience.
+ Common sense.

Are you assuming women are less capable?

I don't assume, I know that to be true. Data for the US:
"The survey by Insurance.com of 2,000 married men and women with children says 47% of female drivers have changed a tire, while 88% of men have done it. A third of women say they don't know how to change a tire, compared with 6% of men."​

For the land of the clowns who spell tire with a "y", the disparity is even more glaring:

Think before you respond.
Z

Don't be an ungrateful assclown.

a

• Love
Reactions: AMPd
Status
Not open for further replies.