Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

Snowflake symbol

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
Well, fridges are an interesting case where that could happen because of uneven temperature distribution of where that thermometer is versus where the cold air vent in the back is. I wouldn't expect that at 37, but if you're set for 34 or 35, pretty likely if something is in the back down low.
Did you miss the sarcasm even with the icons?:D Just like water doesn't freeze outside at 37ºF it won't freeze in a fridge either

Nothing is freezing at 37 degrees. It just isn't.
Here's what frequently happens. Overnight temperatures got down to somewhere a bit below freezing, like 29 degrees or something. From having that cold air both above and below the bridge, it definitely got cooled down more and faster by that 29 degree air and got frozen. The regular part of the road with ground underneath it stays a bit more insulated and cools down slower, so it will take longer to get to freezing and might not quite get there. And in the morning, when temperatures are starting to rise to 35, 37, etc. it will take a while for that ice to finish melting off the bridge from some traffic on it.

Exactly. But my original comment about the solid battery sitting outside overnight can be colder than the outside air, people claim that can't ever happen. You just explained why it does and can happen.

How Can It Freeze at 35 Degrees?

Last edited:
Exactly. But my original comment about the solid battery sitting outside overnight can be colder than the outside air, people claim that can't ever happen. You just explained why it does and can happen.

How Can It Freeze at 35 Degrees?
I don't think so. It's not saying that it is getting colder than the air. The air was once at that temperature, so it was the same as the air temperature, but the air temp has since warmed up while the ground hasn't yet.