Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

So many rattles one after another - FINALLY all gone

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.

Yoona

NEWBIE Trader
May 3, 2017
Canada
Toronto Lawrence SC's service is always excellent and above expectation. Unfortunately, the car is not. Even a tiny rattle becomes irritating when all you want is a quiet ride.

Kudos to the guys for finally fixing my endless rattles:

front door right
B pillar right
C pillar right
rear door left

Now the ride is 100% quiet and makes the S truly spectacular.

GOTTA LOVE THE CAR!!!!

Concern: Customer states there is a rattle from the B pillar area when going over bumps,
video can be provided from drive tech:

Pay Type: Warranty
Corrections: Interior NVH General Diagnosis
found wiring connector that runs behind b pillar to be rattling ,secured connector. found
rattle from left rear door panel as well , replaced door panel clips and installed insulation
tape. road tested

Concern: Customer states: When driving over a speed bump (slow or fast), there is a rattle on
the rear trunk area, that goes up and then down.

Corrections: Spring and Damper Assembly - Rear - LH
Replaced left and right side spring and damper assemblies. Test drove vehicle to verify
repair

Part Quantity
REAR COIL SPRING MODULE S2 (1015620-
01-C)

Parts Replaced or Added

Corrections: Spring and Damper Assembly - Rear - RH
Replaced left and right side spring and damper assemblies. Test drove vehicle to verify
repair

Part Quantity
REAR COIL SPRING MODULE

Reactions: pilotSteve
Concern: Customer states: Front driver side door panel rattles when closing

Corrections: Panel - Door Trim - Front - RH
Removed passenger front door panel and replaced all clips.

Part Quantity
CLIP, HEART FLEX W WSHR 70 LBS
RETENTION (1025401-00-A)

Parts Replaced or Added

Corrections: Panel - Door Trim - Front - LH
Removed door panel and replaced all clips.

Part Quantity
CLIP, HEART FLEX W WSHR 70 LBS
RETENTION (1025401-00-A)

I've had the opposite experience. I've brought it to Lawrence several times. The rattles eventually return so I've learned to live with it. They also tend to vary based on the temperature outside.
I've had 2 Model Ses and yes, it's frustrating because many of the rattles are hard to reproduce because they vary based on speed, type of road, and temperature. The first two you can attempt to reproduce, but the latter you just need to hope that it's the same temp when you take it into the shop. I have one that seemed to go away during the summer and I'm already cringing realizing it will likely come back once the temps go below 50F again (I always heard it in the morning, but not the afternoon/evening in a Seattle winter.