Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

So THESE items are legal - but the press is losing its mind over Autopilot?

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
For all those out there wanting to ban the bad ole AP, you really need to put your thinking caps on for one small second and realize-

AP (in Beta) is a necessary step to fully autonomous driving. Google took forever to get to a million miles and Tesla does 1mm of AP driving in ten hours today.
If AP driving is remotely close to the same fatality rate per mile as non-AP driving (in a Tesla), then there is NO human cost to the experiment/learning exercise.
Like bringing an exponential production ramp forward brings larger volume forward, bringing AP/Autonomous driving forward will bring lives saved forward. That alone is worth a few sacrificial lives today; especially given that those doing the sacrificing are engaging the Beta technology of their own free will.

Or we can-
Vote Trump and simply ban thinking all together.

How can we support Tesla against its critics in this forum? I obviously don't know how to do it. Any suggestions?
Inform people. Know the facts around the things that the media blows out of proportion or completely mishandles, and when someone brings it up, politely inform them of the facts. I've done this numerous times over the past month, and I'm not even an owner yet. People just know I love Tesla, so they bring it up to me when they see something on the news or read a headline.