Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

So who actually has configured their P or AWD?

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
They are going based on time of reservation, with maybe a little tweaking. Appears they have gotten up through 1PM Eastern and 10AM pacific time. The Cali stores opened at 9:30AM their time is what I’ve heard, while east coast was 10AM as usual.
Last weeks invites were a small time frame, but considering most orders came when doors opened I bet. Hopefully the next round expands out by a few hours, and we get to online invites by end of June! Cause that’s when I put mine in ;)

But like above this post, some have claimed that all day 1 will get invite soon, I doubt this, but we will see.

Not sure about any of what I have read here on TMC. I think the "tweaking" might be more than a "little." I reserved in Chicago at 10:07 AM on 3-31-16. 7th in line. Received my original invite to configure on 1-4-18, but as of 6-6 at 5:15 CST I still cannot configure AWD.

I called Tesla on my way home from work today, and the individual I spoke to indicated he had not heard of any invites going out beyond the first batch. He also indicated that orders will be fulfilled in the order they were placed, but based on information posted here, it seems that neither of those things are true.

Doesn't seem customer service at Tesla has the real story on how these invitations are being sent. Unless everyone on TMC is lying, the CS reps simply don't have all the info.

• Informative
Reactions: MorrisonHiker
Sorry I should have said wed/Thursday because I had seen those.
I assume you live west coast and did in store before 10AM or close?
From my signature: non-owner, reserved 3/31/16 12:32pm ET. Also, I'm in Durham. They told me at the Raleigh store that I'm the first one here to order a P. They were all excited when I logged on to my account, because they hadn't even seen it in the configurator yet.

Unfortunately (or fortunately for those that want to rotate their tires) not. Specs for the 20” wheels are already detailed on Model 3 owners manual and on the Tesla online store. 235s all around.

Yes, I guess they could introduce a staggered variant just for the P, but seriously doubt it as it goes against all the simplification efforts for Model 3. Would make no sense to introduce staggered wheels just for the P yet use the same motor and inverter as the regular AWD.

There will be a staggered set of 20" wheels available for the Model 3... :cool:

20” OEM TESLA MODEL 3 Wheels4.jpg

Attachments

• 20” OEM TESLA MODEL 3 Wheels5.jpg
    20” OEM TESLA MODEL 3 Wheels5.jpg
    324.9 KB · Views: 98
  • Informative
Reactions: commasign
There will be a staggered set of 20" wheels available for the Model 3...

That's what I am waiting for. I got the Aeros and pulled off the caps immediately, but these will be my snow tires once I wear out the current tires. Then getting some sort of staggered would look great the rest of the year. Glad to hear I can get them from Tesla, too bad about the markup I'll have to pay to get from them.

-Randy

Non-owner, day one, in store, reservation placed within 5 minutes of open, in Bay Area. Received my invite to configure months ago but I held out for AWD and got that invite 4/31at about 1100 PST. The car itself is being delivered to PA as I live in Delaware.

Attachments

• 13320371-F37F-4925-BD2F-04F83B9C9EA9.jpeg
    13320371-F37F-4925-BD2F-04F83B9C9EA9.jpeg
    149.6 KB · Views: 72
Non-owner, day one, in store, reservation placed within 5 minutes of open, in Bay Area. Received my invite to configure months ago but I held out for AWD and got that invite 4/31at about 1100 PST. The car itself is being delivered to PA as I live in Delaware.
Assuming you mean got invite 5/31?
Congrats!

Otherwise have gone quiet, no further expansion of 1st production or AWD/P

Assuming you mean got invite 5/31?
Congrats!

Otherwise have gone quiet, no further expansion of 1st production or AWD/P

Yes, sorry 31MAY. Thanks, I’m pretty excited, I have a feeling I’ll be getting the car before that 12-16 week window. Something tells me that third production line will be focused on AWD/P vehicles and I think I’m pretty close to the front of the line.