Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

So...who's buying the "enhanced anti-theft" accessory?

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
Mine is wired to that exact connector and it comes back on the multimeter as 12v for the Blackvue today. Do you mean in new builds its not 12v, or that when they enable the alarm sensors, that it gets somehow changed from 12v to something else?

I couldn’t pick up a solid 12v supply from the connector on my car, even when you switch off the alarm on the screen this was the same, hence running mine to the back of the car!

Did you try putting a multimeter on it? I spliced into the cables and couldn’t get a 12v supply from the connector.
I haven't tested the cabling on my car. I have seen some wiring diagrams which suggest that one wire is Ground, one is the connection to the alarm module and the other wire is +12V, through a fuse, back to a busbar - so it ought to have +12V. However, the colours indicated on the wiring diagram don't match my car (but the wiring diagram is for an older car).

It's already been discussed by a few different people from Europe here on TMC. I believe one person from the UK has even mentioned it in this thread already.

You can have one or the other enabled, but not both at the same time. The interior sensors are very sensitive to differential air movement. I'm not sure if the compressor kicking on/off might trigger it as well.
I did not know that you have to have one or the other enabled (just ordered the enhanced add-on a few days ago). It seems like there should be a third option which you accept the anti-theft will be temporarily disabled while cabin air protection is cooling down the car, then re-enabled while it's back to normal temps.

Reactions: JohnnyG
Is this the glass break sensor option? I might get it, but my 2014 may not have the wiring....

I would pay extra for the leg breaker option or the taser option, or even the flamethrower option, but you gotta love karma.

5yTBa.baa.1.mp4

Please people if you carry your significant other off with a broken limp, please stabilize the broken limp first!!! That must have hurt like hell, that leg was flapping around like a noodle. Also make sure you get the package, like this clown did. That $70 Bed, Bath and Beyond bubble bath is so worth it for a $7500 medical bill to rebuild your lower leg screws and stainless steel plates. OUCH.... I would give the video to the Po Po so they could sweep the local emergency rooms.

Hello officer, yes, I would like to report fat lady with left shattered fibula and tibia, dark sweat pants with big brown stain, white tennis shoes, light colored sweat shirt, glasses and brownish red hair with ponytail, squealing in pain, accompanied by fat dude or dudette with a big lucky number 3 jersey, wife beater white long underwear top, dark car, has a package in back with my address on it.

Last edited:
  • Love
Reactions: Akikiki
It's already been discussed by a few different people from Europe here on TMC. I believe one person from the UK has even mentioned it in this thread already.

You can have one or the other enabled, but not both at the same time. The interior sensors are very sensitive to differential air movement. I'm not sure if the compressor kicking on/off might trigger it as well.

Some misunderstandings in this thread.

Differential air movement is not an issue (at least nothing the alarm can’t compensate for). The interior alarm does not have to be disabled when remote AC or heating is used on Teslas with factory interior alarm. They absolutely work together interior alarm and mobile app heating/cooling.

The Cabin Overheat Protection can not be enabled at the same time as interior alarm that is true but that is for a completely different reason. Simple cooling would be no issue as proven by the mobile app feature. Cabin Overheat Protection implies someone may be left inside the car which would trigger the alarm — and that would be the issue.

That said I can see it would be useful in an emergency to have Cabin Overheat Protection on even with the interior alarm going off at the same time so I would use both if it were possible. But I can see why Tesla chose otherwise usability-wise.

Last edited:
Does anyone know where the included 2 Window Decals are applied by default?
The small rear triangular windows might be the best choice.

The product page is incorrect. They only include one window decal, and it does go on the triangle window but on the driver side of both the Model S and Model X. That's where they installed it on both my Model S and Model X, and only a single sticker in the box.

Some misunderstandings in this thread.

Differential air movement is not an issue (at least nothing the alarm can’t compensate for). The interior alarm does not have to be disabled when remote AC or heating is used on Teslas with factory interior alarm. They absolutely work together interior alarm and mobile app heating/cooling.

The Cabin Overheat Protection can not be enabled at the same time as interior alarm that is true but that is for a completely different reason. Simple cooling would be no issue as proven by the mobile app feature. Cabin Overheat Protection implies someone may be left inside the car which would trigger the alarm — and that would be the issue.

That said I can see it would be useful in an emergency to have Cabin Overheat Protection on even with the interior alarm going off at the same time so I would use both if it were possible. But I can see why Tesla chose otherwise usability-wise.
I would not want someone to read your post and get the wrong impression…

As I understand it, cabin overheat protection is designed to protect components of the vehicle. It if definitely not intended to protect occupants.

Directly from the current Model S User Manual:

“Warning: Never leave children or pets in the vehicle unattended. Due to automatic shut-off or extreme outside conditions, the inside of the vehicle can become dangerously hot, even when Cabin Overheat Protection is enabled.”

• Love
Reactions: JohnnyG
I would not want someone to read your post and get the wrong impression…

As I understand it, cabin overheat protection is designed to protect components of the vehicle. It if definitely not intended to protect occupants.

Directly from the current Model S User Manual:

“Warning: Never leave children or pets in the vehicle unattended. Due to automatic shut-off or extreme outside conditions, the inside of the vehicle can become dangerously hot, even when Cabin Overheat Protection is enabled.”

:)

That may well be good advice on how to actually use Cabin Overheat Protection.

However as with Autopilot, rather than looking at the user manual for disclaimers on whatever reins the legal department has put on Elon’s fancy, I find a much more reliable measure of Tesla’s design intent is their marketing.

Interior alarm and a feature ”focused on on child (and pet) safety” unfortunately does not really mix in this case and hence they are not available simultaneously.

14495283_10153984034401608_1096527456135290467_n.jpg

Last edited:
I thought all 5 seat know if there is somebody sitting there... think seat belt alerts. It shouldn't be that hard to not arm the alarm if it detects there is seat pressure when the driver exits like with the a/c or radio?

Also... Back in stock as of last Saturday, all headliners.

Last edited: