Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

Social Chat - Short Term TSLA Movements

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
Glad I bought some Nov 1st $150 puts yesterday. Only a couple but it's soothing the pain. Hard part is to decide when to sell them. Ideally I should hold them until Friday as Insurance and hopefully they expire worthless, but I'm tempted to sell today while they're up 100%.

I can't tell if this is a move with volume. Google shows 1.6M shares traded in the first half hour while Yahoo shows 2.9M shares traded so far.

160 will not hold, busted right on through. so new question: how low will we go?

Probably lower due to general market tanking. It looks like nothing specific about TSLA that's causing harm. I presume that it's tanking a lot because it's definitely over valued according to the market and investors are just bailing out. I'm going to guess we might hold $150s because TSLA is almost near where it was with Q2 earnings.

Probably lower due to general market tanking. It looks like nothing specific about TSLA that's causing harm. I presume that it's tanking a lot because it's definitely over valued according to the market and investors are just bailing out. I'm going to guess we might hold $150s because TSLA is almost near where it was with Q2 earnings.

Exactly. At this point I highly doubt that we will enter Q3 earnings lower than where we were after Q2 earnings.

I'm still bullish on the stock long term, holding those (now stupidly OTM) calls were just not worth the stress they were causing me at the moment. Nobody should in any way mirror my decision, as it was for my own mental health. In doing so I locked in whatever losses I had accumulated over the last couple weeks, but now I can go into the ER with a clearer head.

I'm still bullish on the stock long term, holding those (now stupidly OTM) calls were just not worth the stress they were causing me at the moment. Nobody should in any way mirror my decision, as it was for my own mental health. In doing so I locked in whatever losses I had accumulated over the last couple weeks, but now I can go into the ER with a clearer head.

Boy am I glad that I got rid of those Dec $195 puts I was short on ;) That ca $600 loss is extremely nice in retrospect and I did it mostly for peace of mind and the stress level dropped a lot. Though now with a week of moving into red (effectively going from ca $40k portfolio value to $23k today at low) has not been good to mental health at all, but at least I've managed to pull the strikes lower enough that my return to green isn't that far off. Don't need much from this week and ER, just get back to mid $170's for portfolio net zero and $185-$195 for post ER nice pop into profit.

My news feed is showing several articles blaming the falling share price on the Mexico fire. Any idea if this is true? Or is the media just being gleefully clueless?

I saw headlines about the fire on my stock app on my iPhone so yes, it seems the mainstream media has picked up on it. Let's be honest, the media has been clueless for way too long.

I read the first report about the accident and to me it was the severity of the crash, it hit a wall and a tree very hard, that caused the fire and nothing about the car itself. On top of that, the driver walked away from it unscathed and asking Tesla sending him a new Model S immediately.

Talk of these fires is so irritating its hard to listen to, not amongst those here who are trying to figure our stock movement, but from the ignorant and shorts who can't possibly belie it's an issue but need to make it one to save themselves. If your long TSLA no reason to panic. I'm bummed as I finally have my wife convinced to buy our model S if tsla cracks 190 by selling a small portion, now I may have to wait a bit longer but other than that no worries.