Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

Social Chat - Short Term TSLA Movements

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
There must be a mountain of shorts on tsla.

That is absolutely the conclusion I reached looking at this morning's price action. First day in a long time I can remember seeing Chinese solars and even SCTY up as well as NASDAQ up and VXX down, while TSLA down on no news. This kind of "coiled spring" could make for a massive thrust upwards given the right impetus, but I'm not willing to put dollar bets on that just yet.

Edit: Google is dragging the NASDAQ up like a boss, looks like trying to take TSLA along for the ride a bit.

Last edited:
Ughh, so I've read through many analysts opinion and my consensus is that no one knows where the bottom is. Maybe we've just witnessed it @ $185 and things are starting to recover? Tomorrow will tell. And what Elon says this weekend as well. By the way, is he still in China this weekend? Because SpaceX was delayed until Friday...

Ughh, so I've read through many analysts opinion and my consensus is that no one knows where the bottom is. Maybe we've just witnessed it @ $185 and things are starting to recover? Tomorrow will tell. And what Elon says this weekend as well. By the way, is he still in China this weekend? Because SpaceX was delayed until Friday...
His first event was 4/20 which is the opening ceremony of the auto show. I assume that is evening. Last I heard chance of favorable weather for launch on Friday was 40% but they have a backup Saturday at Noon PDT. That should give him just enough time to make a Sunday evening event if he leaves right after the launch.

This may not be "mainstream sentiment" here but I'm just really happy I could load up on stock: I was a bit concerned to see the stock price over the past months and felt bad about "having missed the boat" a little. I bought some stock yesterday so things are good now.

Never forget, TSLA is a wild beast doing outrageous moves. But if you buy and hold, at least so far it gives you phenomenal returns...

Kind of sad AH action, likely due to GOOG (or is it GOOGL now), with its stock down 6% on a poor Q2. Oh well, hopefully there will be more good news by tomorrow's open to override this.

Figures.......I actually saw something I had not seen in a long time today...the color GREEN next to a TSLA LEAP......It is the start of earning season and hopefully we will get some other companies reporting good news.

Nice to see the share price recover a bit today. My hunch is that TSLA is a coiled spring: good earnings and exciting product news should propel TSLA back up. Media sources are still bashing and people seem spooked, which to me says things have bottomed out.

Investing is like physics to me. On a large scale, we have Einstein's General Theory of Relativity, which breaks down at the small scale, or the realm of Quantum Mechanics. With investing, in a large time scale, companies rise or fall based on their merits. On a small time scale, this completely breaks down and everything becomes chaotic. I never play at the Quantum Mechanics level :biggrin: I am not good at guessing probabilities :eek:

Nice to see the share price recover a bit today. My hunch is that TSLA is a coiled spring: good earnings and exciting product news should propel TSLA back up. Media sources are still bashing and people seem spooked, which to me says things have bottomed out.

Investing is like physics to me. On a large scale, we have Einstein's General Theory of Relativity, which breaks down at the small scale, or the realm of Quantum Mechanics. With investing, in a large time scale, companies rise or fall based on their merits. On a small time scale, this completely breaks down and everything becomes chaotic. I never play at the Quantum Mechanics level :biggrin: I am not good at guessing probabilities :eek:

AntiC: I think that is the first time I have understood 'technical analysis'!!! :biggrin:

To me investing resembles surfing. Up and down with the ocean (market), rising tide lifts all the boats (bull market), it is great fun to catch a good wave. TSLA is a tsunami. A thrill of a wave.

Last edited: