Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

Social Chat - Short Term TSLA Movements

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
I don't know why shorts would want to keep their position going into the long weekend especially with the China events. I hope to see a strong close today and hoping for big moves next week. I still don't think the China events news has gotten out yet. Hoping it will soon. Loaded up and ready to roll :)

MarketWatch (part of Rupert Murdoch's Wall Street Journal), for some reason has it's story from November on the Tennessee fire showing up at the top of TSLA headlines on Yahoo finance. I guess this could simply be an accident. Let's see how long before the 5 month old "Tesla burning!" headline is taken off the top of TSLA's news feed.

MarketWatch (part of Rupert Murdoch's Wall Street Journal), for some reason has it's story from November on the Tennessee fire showing up at the top of TSLA headlines on Yahoo finance. I guess this could simply be an accident. Let's see how long before the 5 month old "Tesla burning!" headline is taken off the top of TSLA's news feed.
i assure you this was not an accident. any tactic seems ok to market watch.

Why the f is there a link to the 11/7/13 fire showing up in my iPhone stock app news under TSLA. It's dated 4/17/14 and titled "Tesla Burning!" but links to an old report.

image.jpg

image.jpg

Why the f is there a link to the 11/7/13 fire showing up in my iPhone stock app news under TSLA. It's dated 4/17/14 and titled "Tesla Burning!" but links to an old report.
I guess shorts are just reminiscing. I'm reminiscing too, 52-week low is $44.54 today. It won't be long until that skyrockets upwards. But seriously, that kind of thing doesn't happen by mistake. That is insane.

I noticed this too, while in a meeting. My heart skipped a couple beats, that link is BS. I actually read the full first line which stated TSLA was down 7%. :cursing:

Haha me too. I read it and saw Tennessee. Then I looked at the date. I figured someone was getting desperate. After I saw it I just smiled. It's just more confirmation for me that the worst is over. I took it as a sign to buy more. Too bad all my investment funds are deployed right now.

I noticed this too, while in a meeting. My heart skipped a couple beats, that link is BS. I actually read the full first line which stated TSLA was down 7%. :cursing:

I usually do not 'register' so that I can post on those type of sites...worried about filling up my email box with junk mail.....Made an exception this time.

Marketwatch feed taken down. I sincerely hope that is not the end of it. Needs to be referred to sec

While I have to profess to having very little trading strategy other than 'luck', I feel that these types of blatant attacks indicate a real fear by the 'opposition' (shorts mostly, coupled with NADA types and big oil) and that we are in for a nice burst up in TSLA.

Marketwatch feed taken down. I sincerely hope that is not the end of it. Needs to be referred to sec

I sent a tweet with link to the MarketWatch article to Tesla's and Elon's accounts.

there's a blatant FUD piece out this evening by a Motley Fool contributor whose previous work had been quite reasonable and well researched. it sure seems like someone wanted to keep Tesla under $200 going into the long weekend and help maintain the story line that it's in the midst of a continuing selloff.

While I have to profess to having very little trading strategy other than 'luck', I feel that these types of blatant attacks indicate a real fear by the 'opposition' (shorts mostly, coupled with NADA types and big oil) and that we are in for a nice burst up in TSLA.

While NADA clearly feels threatened by Tesla I don't think Big Oil does. At least as of about 6 months ago I don't even think they were on the radar of Exxon. A lot has changed in in 6 months and over the next few years I am sure they will be on their radar and be a real concern to them but I just don't think any of this FUD is spread by them. (That being said that is one company and their are many players in Big Oil)

I sent a tweet with link to the MarketWatch article to Tesla's and Elon's accounts.

there's a blatant FUD piece out this evening by a Motley Fool contributor whose previous work had been quite reasonable and well researched. it sure seems like someone wanted to keep Tesla under $200 going into the long weekend and help maintain the story line that it's in the midst of a continuing selloff.
Loved that article, risk to tesla someone gets hurt. Of course someone will at some point. It's funny the car is so safe that they need to point that out only advertises the safety profile.

While NADA clearly feels threatened by Tesla I don't think Big Oil does. At least as of about 6 months ago I don't even think they were on the radar of Exxon. A lot has changed in in 6 months and over the next few years I am sure they will be on their radar and be a real concern to them but I just don't think any of this FUD is spread by them. (That being said that is one company and their are many players in Big Oil)

IMO I don't think big oil will worry about tesla for a few years yet. The auto industry is growing quickly and the existing fleet still has 10-15 years of life left and best case scenario is tesla will have 10% of new car sales in 10 years. Now if other manufacturers start making compelling electric cars then I think they might start getting concerned sooner. I hope that happens but it doesn't look too promising yet.

I'm really excited about China. I just picked our daughter up from youth group tonight and I parked next to a sweet R8 and a bunch of Asian 20 something's were walking across the parking lot and all of their faces lit up and when I got out of the car they were exclaiming that it was a Tesla and they were all checking it out.

I have seen people of all ages fawn over our car before but never to this extent. They were so fascinated I was fascinated just watching them.

It took me 5 minutes to get our daughter and they were all still standing 10 feet from it smoking and still commenting on it.