Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

Social Chat - Short Term TSLA Movements

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
I love how financial people keep confusing demand/production/deliveries, and Elon, to elucidate how high demand has been without even TRYING used the analogy that sales per square foot (i.e. they aren't building many stores yet) is TWICE that of Apple.

Wow

That was a great call. I know the numbers matter, but I just LOLed half a dozen times as Elon was answering. Deepak occasionally threw something in to make all the quants feel good. It felt like they were asking a guy with a PhD in Mathematics to recite the multiplication tables, and he was just holding it back thinking, "I know a lot more than you think."

All in.

(Reminder for DaveT's hangout tonight, should be a good one)

Google+ hangout for TSLA Q2 2014 ER

I'll be hosting a Google+ hangout tomorrow night at 6:00pm Pacific Time (9:00pm Eastern) to discuss Tesla's 2014 Q2 earnings announcement and conference call (to be reported after market close tomorrow).

What: Discussion of TSLA 2014 Q2 earnings
Time/Date: July 31, 2014 at 6:00pm Pacific time (9:00pm Eastern Time).

Google+ hangout specifics:
Everybody is invited to join the hangout. Hangout is limited to 10 participants but the rest of people can still view. For those unable to make it we are planning to keep the recorded video up for later viewing.

Here's the link to the Google+ Hangout event page:
https://plus.google.com/events/cpf34...PPjqsiw8-WqkAE

I haven't listened to the call yet, but I'm very pleased with the information in the Shareholder Letter. Confirmation of the Gigafactory groundbreaking at Reno, Model X Alpha next week, and continued ramp-up of vehicle production are all great updates. As I expected, the share price isn't making any radical moves at this point in After Hours, but I'm all about the long game, and Tesla is on a good path IMO.

EM "Demand is not generally strong in Europe"

When asked about demand in different geographical regions EM kind of mumbles the above quote at 34 minutes into the CC, the question is asked around the 32 minute mark, anyone concerned? Do I have it wrong?