Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register
  • Want to remove ads? Register an account and login to see fewer ads, and become a Supporting Member to remove almost all ads.
  • Tesla's Supercharger Team was recently laid off. We discuss what this means for the company on today's TMC Podcast streaming live at 1PM PDT. You can watch on X or on YouTube where you can participate in the live chat.

Social Chat - Short Term TSLA Movements

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
The amount of raw, aggressive, willful stupidity on display on Bloomberg TV in their Tesla coverage is spectacular. These "analysts" are the unchallenged masters of the art of being supremely confident, snarky, and wrong.

Did Earnings Report Show Tesla Is on Track?
Can Tesla Hit Its Magic Delivery Number?
Is Reno the Location of Tesla's $5B Gigafactory?

I am in awe.

Cory Johnson and Nathan Weiss are committed Tesla shorts. What do you expect when they discuss Tesla? They have a history of lying and distorting facts about Tesla. The fact that Bloomberg uses them to discuss Tesla tells you about Bloomberg's biases. When I say shorts, I mean they have had a long history of anti-Tesla bias, recommending to investors to short sell Tesla.

Last edited:
The amount of raw, aggressive, willful stupidity on display on Bloomberg TV in their Tesla coverage is spectacular. These "analysts" are the unchallenged masters of the art of being supremely confident, snarky, and wrong.

Did Earnings Report Show Tesla Is on Track?
Can Tesla Hit Its Magic Delivery Number?
Is Reno the Location of Tesla's $5B Gigafactory?

I am in awe.

I clicked the second link just to see what sort of drivel this was and it started buffering about 30 seconds, and I didn't feel the need to wait. Wow. truly awful stuff.

Total O/T - I had a dream last night that Elon had joined TMC under the username "ElonRMusk" and just started answering all of our questions, prompting some of us to ask if he didn't have better things to be doing.

Cory Johnson and Nathan Weiss are committed Tesla shorts. What do you expect when they discuss Tesla? They have a history of lying and distorting facts about Tesla. The fact that Bloomberg uses them to discuss Tesla tells you about Bloomberg's biases.
I don't know, more skill maybe? They're so blatantly wrong that the only people they can possibly fool are themselves and others like them. I mean, they should at least try to be persuasive. Dialling down their sarcasm would be a good first step.

For me, at least, seeing this stuff on TV triggers a visceral reaction that I just don't experience when I read Santos' and Petersen's posts.

- - - Updated - - -

I clicked the second link just to see what sort of drivel this was and it started buffering about 30 seconds, and I didn't feel the need to wait.
If you use AdBlock or Ghostery, you may see what looks like buffering, but isn't. I use a different, extension-less browser just to see videos like this.

Proud of myself. I managed some actual market timing properly for once:

Date SecurityQtyPrice
8/1/2014Sell to CloseTSLA 08/01/2014 200.00 C10$33.00
7/31/2014Buy to OpenTSLA 08/01/2014 200.00 C10$26.00
7/30/2014Sell to CloseTSLA 08/01/2014 200.00 C10$29.50
7/14/2014Buy to OpenTSLA 08/01/2014 200.00 C10$27.83

Anyone have confirmation that the production line was (is) up and running as of Monday, August 4th? I noted on the Australian thread that one member just received notification of production commencing on his
Signature S....so just curious that TM met their mark with the new line start date.

Thanks

... or chicken could just tell us how he is planning to trade TSLA in the coming months (which of course could have something or nothing to do with what he observed or didn't observe during his tour). This is the trading thread after all.

Yes, not sure how much you can say or not after your tour and NDA, but perhaps you could just tell us your 'mood' afterwards with 5 being as expected and 1 being awful and 10 being better than you could have imagined.
or anything at all

I think I recall that you have been on the tour and signed the NDA. I don't want to get Chicken in trouble but can he share 'impressions'?

I think I recall that you have been on the tour and signed the NDA. I don't want to get Chicken in trouble but can he share 'impressions'?
Yes, it was pretty strict language if i remember in the 90 day NDA...however, I think I still felt I could tell people if my general expectations were met or exceeded from the tour but without saying anything specific that I saw or heard there. To be honest there wasn't anything too special that I remember that people didn't already know at the time on these boards...

Yes, it was pretty strict language if i remember in the 90 day NDA...however, I think I still felt I could tell people if my general expectations were met or exceeded from the tour but without saying anything specific that I saw or heard there. To be honest there wasn't anything too special that I remember that people didn't already know at the time on these boards...

Thanks. OK Chickenevil, any Impressions?:biggrin: