Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

Social Chat - Short Term TSLA Movements

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
TSLA is teasing me - I sold a $255 11/14 covered call a few weeks ago and would like it to expire barely worthless. Hopefully the big boys will keep TSLA under $255 for me today and let it pop upward Monday.

For what it's worth, that does seem to be the price that is being fought over as we get close to the end. Since +/- 1$ would be fine enough with me for today (I am just happy for the slow steady rise over all) I am hoping for your sake that it closes right at 249.99 :D

Sitting in more cash than I like now. Question is, to buy some puts.

I bought some weekly 255 calls this am for .14 and sold them for .85 before lunch. They peaked at almost 6.90. I only got 2, I wanted 6. If my order for 6 filled I would have sold half and let the rest ride. A gain is still a gain though. (Oh yea it would have been a 49x return).

I'm testing some new theories.

Sitting in more cash than I like now. Question is, to buy some puts.

I bought some weekly 255 calls this am for .14 and sold them for .85 before lunch. They peaked at almost 6.90. I only got 2, I wanted 6. If my order for 6 filled I would have sold half and let the rest ride. A gain is still a gain though. (Oh yea it would have been a 49x return).

I'm testing some new theories.

I think those peaked at 3.78 right before close, I had the same ones :)

Had 35 contracts at 0.15, sold at 0.6. Great gain, and I'm happy, but man over 3.00 would have been a good start to the weekend!

Had 35 contracts at 0.15, sold at 0.6. Great gain, and I'm happy, but man over 3.00 would have been a good start to the weekend!

What's your guy's thoughts on purchasing these? Do you look for dips in the pre-market and soon after opening and decide that the dip is ridiculous and that it will rebound in the next few hours? I was going to try to do this, but decided to just observe (i'm a newbie).

I was watching them I saw some going through right before we peaked at 6.84. Unless I was looking at the wrong chain.

Does anyone have access to see the OHLC option prices for the day?

I hope to be doing that many contracts some day. I'm just testing some theories right now so my amount are small to see if I can be consistent.

Wow, I go on vacation and you guys shove the stock back up near 260. What'd I miss? :)

I'm not sure. I'm as puzzled as anyone else over the steady climb back up, given initial media/pundit dissatisfaction over the "D" event, and a steady but unsurprising Q3 report.

It could be that more market entities are realizing the long-term potential of the company, but the markets are fickle so I'm not really sure of this.

To those of you who doubted pushing up to 260 before Dec... I say: "HA!" Although I am quite happy it seems to be going a bit faster than I expected this is a nice trend to be back at the ATH when the real positive news is ready to come out :)

Yes, now I'm in a deer in the headlights state. In sitting on more cash than I normally do and im not quite sure how to invest it. I bought a few slightly otm weekly puts at market close today. As insurance if we have a pull back next week.

Yes, now I'm in a deer in the headlights state. In sitting on more cash than I normally do and im not quite sure how to invest it. I bought a few slightly otm weekly puts at market close today. As insurance if we have a pull back next week.

J'17 LEAPS out next week......hmm.....:wink:

- - - Updated - - -

To those of you who doubted pushing up to 260 before Dec... I say: "HA!" Although I am quite happy it seems to be going a bit faster than I expected this is a nice trend to be back at the ATH when the real positive news is ready to come out :)

I am still amazed that TSLA went up post ER, and is still going up. I am not complaining as I, like many here, are enjoying seeing their portfolios increase. I, like TheShadows, am sitting on more cash than usual and undergoing 'analysis/paralysis about how to deploy it.

The speed of the rise has caught me a bit surprised, too. I'm nearly all in with shares and leaps, so the rise feels good.

I did make a small miscalculation, though. I bought three Nov14 calls just before the ER and sold them the day after the ER at 244 for a 28% profit. I figured that the 3Q ER might result in a gain and then a pull-back and wanted to take the profit before it turned into a loss. In the future, I think I'd sell 2 and keep one for gambling that something positive happens. We often see a two week period of moving higher after an ER, and I should have gambled with one of the calls, but I felt I could have lost money with the 3Q ER being so lukewarm in certain areas.

The speed of the rise has caught me a bit surprised, too. I'm nearly all in with shares and leaps, so the rise feels good.

I did make a small miscalculation, though. I bought three Nov14 calls just before the ER and sold them the day after the ER at 244 for a 28% profit. I figured that the 3Q ER might result in a gain and then a pull-back and wanted to take the profit before it turned into a loss. In the future, I think I'd sell 2 and keep one for gambling that something positive happens. We often see a two week period of moving higher after an ER, and I should have gambled with one of the calls, but I felt I could have lost money with the 3Q ER being so lukewarm in certain areas.

Your planning was good. There have been more times than I can count where I held too long only to end up loosing. I'm working on retraining my mentality to be happy with my gains no matter what they are. I'm trying to take a profit with each option contract I buy. I used to wait for that magic number of 100% gain. Now I'm content taking much smaller gains.

I can assure you the world is not ready for the Tesla Lawnmower: fully electric, dual motors, ultrasonic sensors, completely autonomous, renders your lawn into a delicious and super nutritious green smoothie in under 3.2 seconds. The laser cutting blades with digital control can also put on quite a show for the whole neighborhood to enjoy on warm summer nights. My next lawnmower will definitely be a Tesla, if only I could convince my wife that a self-mowing lawnmower with frickin laser beams for $94,000 is totally worth it.

I can assure you the world is not ready for the Tesla Lawnmower: fully electric, dual motors, ultrasonic sensors, completely autonomous, renders your lawn into a delicious and super nutritious green smoothie in under 3.2 seconds. The laser cutting blades with digital control can also put on quite a show for the whole neighborhood to enjoy on warm summer nights. My next lawnmower will definitely be a Tesla, if only I could convince my wife that a self-mowing lawnmower with frickin laser beams for $94,000 is totally worth it.

I just put my $40k deposit down and got sigL #1