Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

Social Chat - Short Term TSLA Movements

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
Wow -- dead silence from you guys today? I'm starting to think "sell on the poetry jam, buy on the silence" is a good policy around here. :wink:

Incidentally, I bought June 245's monday when we were at $208 with dead silence on these forums, sold them all this morning for a 115% return after yesterday's exuberant run-up -- and am going to buy back later today after the Fed / NASDAQ carnage ends. I'm probably just lucky, but feeling good about this trade right now.

Wow -- dead silence from you guys today? I'm starting to think "sell on the poetry jam, buy on the silence" is a good policy around here. :wink:

Incidentally, I bought June 245's monday when we were at $208 with dead silence on these forums, sold them all this morning for a 115% return after yesterday's exuberant run-up -- and am going to buy back later today after the Fed / NASDAQ carnage ends. I'm probably just lucky, but feeling good about this trade right now.

nice...!
shhhh....

My weekly 230's were up 10x this morning. But I had created a 230/235 spread yesterday and was debating if I should sell the 230's and on the pullback buy the 235's back. That would have been genius if I did it. But from previous experience being naked short weekly calls is deadly. So still holding them. Think I'll get the chance again soon so not too worried :)

I wanted to share this because I feel like most of the time people share successful trades but not failed or missed ones. But I like hearing about failed/missed trades b/c there is always something to learn.

I had bought some weekly puts near the top today and sold them for a nice little gain a few minutes later. Of course if I had held them a little longer I would have nearly quadrupled my money. Something about betting against Tesla though causes me to get all antsy and uncomfortable even if it's with little day trades. Definitely feels like dirty money.

I had bought some weekly puts near the top today and sold them for a nice little gain a few minutes later. Of course if I had held them a little longer I would have nearly quadrupled my money. Something about betting against Tesla though causes me to get all antsy and uncomfortable even if it's with little day trades. Definitely feels like dirty money.

Haha. Same here. It feels even worse to lose money betting against Tesla. The couple of times I bought puts as soon as they were like 10% in the red I panicked and sold. But I can have calls that are 80% in the red and not worry at all :)

To help you with your quilt I voluteer to take 50% of the gains. I will send you my TDAMeritrade account number! Least I could do to help another TMC friend:wink:

To help you with your quilt I voluteer to take 50% of the gains. I will send you my TDAMeritrade account number! Least I could do to help another TMC friend:wink:

Well I've decided to use those profits to buy deep OTM calls, and if I get lucky with those, I then buy more shares! It is my way of cleansing the filth and potentially turning it into something valuable that will benefit us all! :biggrin:

Well I've decided to use those profits to buy deep OTM calls, and if I get lucky with those, I then buy more shares! It is my way of cleansing the filth and potentially turning it into something valuable that will benefit us all! :biggrin:

Good to hear. I was praying for you as you seem to be going 'to the dark side' :wink:

As most of the previous days in March, TSLA is not looking good :(
And this without any news ... always surprising, how the market react!

The entire NASDAQ is getting absolutely destroyed right now. On days like these however, TSLA is usually down by a multiple vs. the Nasdaq of 3 or 4. Today it's not as aggressive, so I think we are good for more accumulation :)