Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

Social Chat - Short Term TSLA Movements

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
Sorry, not sure I can divulge such things to an un-vetted audience. Sweden is after all the executive branch of "US Intel", so can't tel. :tongue:

Imo your fears are misplaced. These public servant spies are no match for real pro's. The aforementioned Google guys could eat them for breakfast when it comes to personal data collection skills. Rather than fearing that, seeing the upside warms my heart. If I ever forget who I am, all I have to do is disable ad blocker. The shower of ads most accurately reflects my interests and conversations.:wink:

But hey, we are all free to nurture our favourite fears. My favourite fear is market downturn, the last one cost me a lot of money.

Last edited:
I also added some calls this AM (july 25, 250s). I bought them to coincide with the TMC 'Connect' in about 10+ days. I am hoping for some positive catalyst out of that meeting. :wink:

Last edited:
I am doing absolutely nothing at this point. It does seem a few stories on Yahoo finance are attempting to attribute the drop to the "fiery crash." If anyone is trying to push the stock down they are failing miserably today so maybe it is bullish. Either way I'm pretty much doing nothing with my position until the stock is either under $200 or over $300.

Check out the reply this Tesla Motors poster got from the WSJ about their article. The owner is looking for help to straighten out the WSJ.

Wallstreet Journal information | Forums | Tesla Motors

Tesla still has to fight through a lot of biased media. I find every major business media outlet to be basically anti-Tesla. You can see it in their selection of "experts" from so called automotive analysts to stock analysts. The set up on Bloomberg and CNBC is often biased from the outset against Tesla. It's frustrating, but Tesla is taking on a lot of entrenched interests. I'm sure a lot of them are also smarting from shorting the stock, either directly themselves or having provided "expert opinion" to clients that turned out wrong.

Tesla still has to fight through a lot of biased media. I find every major business media outlet to be basically anti-Tesla. You can see it in their selection of "experts" from so called automotive analysts to stock analysts. The set up on Bloomberg and CNBC is often biased from the outset against Tesla. It's frustrating, but Tesla is taking on a lot of entrenched interests. I'm sure a lot of them are also smarting from shorting the stock, either directly themselves or having provided "expert opinion" to clients that turned out wrong.

I think it is a combination of bias (who buys their advertising) and getting people to 'click on' the articles. While GM's ignition switch problems have garnered media attention, my opinion is that you can sell more 'clicks' and advertisement if you use inflammatory/attention getting words: Tesla, batteries, accidents, f**es ( yes I still do not like to use the word on this site).

I am unsure whether it is better to have TM respond to these articles or not. I tend to feel that inaccurate or deliberately misleading WSJ articles should require a TM response.

WSJ mistake or Distortion?

Did anyone notice the material error (or was it a planned distortion from a sister company of Fox News?) in the WSJ? The writer cut the number of car F$&@s per year in U.S. by a whopping 66%!

Per WSJ article July 7th :
"Car fi^#s are relatively common in the U.S. A study by the U.S. Fi^# Administration said there were about 65,000 car fi^#s a year from 2008-2010, leading to 300 deaths. Collisions were attributed as a factor in 4% of these fi^#s, or roughly 2,600 fi#^s a year..."

Per FEMA: "From 2008 to 2010, an estimated 194,000 highway
vehicle fi*^s occurred in the United States each year resulting in an annual average of approximately 300 deaths, ..."

http://www.usfa.fema.gov/downloads/pdf/statistics/v13i11.pdf

I think it is a combination of bias (who buys their advertising) and getting people to 'click on' the articles. While GM's ignition switch problems have garnered media attention, my opinion is that you can sell more 'clicks' and advertisement if you use inflammatory/attention getting words: Tesla, batteries, accidents, f**es ( yes I still do not like to use the word on this site).

I am unsure whether it is better to have TM respond to these articles or not. I tend to feel that inaccurate or deliberately misleading WSJ articles should require a TM response.

I would love to hear Noam Chomsky's take on Tesla. He would make a great choice for TMC Connect.

The MS received The International Engine of the Year Award in Green Engine category.
Judge Carl Cunanan recaps: “The Tesla is making headway where no one has gone before, with a power system that is exhilarating, reliable and proving to be increasingly accepted in today’s world.”
Tesla finished ahead of BMW (i3):
“The BMW i3’s two powertrain options are both excellent, but couldn’t match the Model S’s broad support.” ;)
and the Chevy Volt.
For further information:
Tesla Model S Wins International Green Engine Of The Year Award

Last edited:
WSJ writer admits error but hasn't corrected it!

Did anyone notice the material error (or was it a planned distortion from a sister company of Fox News?) in the WSJ? The writer cut the number of car F$&@s per year in U.S. by a whopping 66%!

Per WSJ article July 7th :
"Car fi^#s are relatively common in the U.S. A study by the U.S. Fi^# Administration said there were about 65,000 car fi^#s a year from 2008-2010, leading to 300 deaths. Collisions were attributed as a factor in 4% of these fi^#s, or roughly 2,600 fi#^s a year..."

Per FEMA: "From 2008 to 2010, an estimated 194,000 highway
vehicle fi*^s occurred in the United States each year resulting in an annual average of approximately 300 deaths, ..."

So I emailed the WSJ writer and informed him of his error.
He replied 2 days ago and said he made a mistake and would correct it!
It's been 2 days and the article is still Uncorrected. Not surprising.

Below is a copy of our emails with edit to the F word done for this forum only.

Date: July 8, 2014 at 3:03:34 PM PDT
To: J
Subject: Re: Correction needed to your article

You're correct. I misread this and will correct it

Sent from my iPhone

Hi Michael

Are you aware that your link to FEMA site proves this is incorrect?

"Car fi$&s are relatively common in the U.S. A study by the U.S. Fi$& Administration said there were about 65,000 car fi$&s a year from 2008-2010, leading to 300 deaths. Collisions were attributed as a factor in 4% of these fi$&s, or roughly 2,600 fi$&s a year out of the U.S. "

Per FEMA: From 2008 to 2010, an estimated 194,000 highway
vehicle fi$&s occurred in the United States EACH year resulting in an annual average of approximately 300 deaths,

So I emailed the WSJ writer and informed him of his error.
He replied 2 days ago and said he made a mistake and would correct it!
It's been 2 days and the article is still Uncorrected. Not surprising.

Below is a copy of our emails with edit to the F word done for this forum only.

Date: July 8, 2014 at 3:03:34 PM PDT
To: J
Subject: Re: Correction needed to your article

You're correct. I misread this and will correct it

Sent from my iPhone

Hi Michael

Are you aware that your link to FEMA site proves this is incorrect?

"Car fi$&s are relatively common in the U.S. A study by the U.S. Fi$& Administration said there were about 65,000 car fi$&s a year from 2008-2010, leading to 300 deaths. Collisions were attributed as a factor in 4% of these fi$&s, or roughly 2,600 fi$&s a year out of the U.S. "

Per FEMA: From 2008 to 2010, an estimated 194,000 highway
vehicle fi$&s occurred in the United States EACH year resulting in an annual average of approximately 300 deaths,

good stuff, tuff, stay after him...email him again and his boss or a chief editor of WSj