Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

Social Chat - Short Term TSLA Movements

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
Well, let me take this time to express many angry political and religious viewpoints and let loose my many ad-hominem attacks I have prepared for this! Darnit, where did I put those...

We're in Monterey, not on Mars..... :-D

- - - Updated - - -

The keg is at TMC Connect. Nigel took it with him!

im-not-always-drunk-but-when-i-am-i-think-everyone-else-around-m.jpg

Another Motley Fool piece of nonsense about competitors for Tesla, but one person posted a response that was a link to a site that is like something you might see Jon Stewart offer. I'm surprised that the link hasn't been posted here before - or if it has, I missed it.

Yipes! Watch out Tesla! Move over Tesla! | TeslaMondo

That page is awesome, I think the best was "Walmart unveils concept vehicle" hahaha

I have just seen this tweet of @TeslaMotors:
"Two new Superchargers in Hong Kong are open, in time for the first RHD deliveries this week. http://www.teslamotors.com/supercharger"
Twitter / TeslaMotors: Two new Superchargers in Hong ...
Does anybody know if there is a delivery event planned for these first RHD deliveries in Hong Kong?
Thanks in advance!

Yes, it already happened. Check out the Videos thread. Hong Kong: Model S initial Signature Model S launch event July 23, 2014

It is exactly one week prior to the TSLA earnings release, and Elon has already been on that show to talk about the Mars subject.

IMO therefore, the subject will be closer to home stuff, perhaps some SpaceX stuff (as there are plenty of launches to talk about, government contract bidding etc. etc.), but it's also a ripe moment to reveal some Tesla stuff, or allude to stuff that will be revealed in the ER.

It is exactly one week prior to the TSLA earnings release, and Elon has already been on that show to talk about the Mars subject.

IMO therefore, the subject will be closer to home stuff, perhaps some SpaceX stuff (as there are plenty of launches to talk about, government contract bidding etc. etc.), but it's also a ripe moment to reveal some Tesla stuff, or allude to stuff that will be revealed in the ER.

I'm sure nothing new will be revealed. Maybe alluded but I doubt even that. He talked mostly about spacex last time though, and was just introduced as tesla CEO, so I think he will mostly talk about tesla. ESP since I think Colbert just got a tesla. And they were both at that state dinner a while ago.

But yeah, I think this will just be a normal publicity job.

So is anyone buying options for this earnings release? I am tempted to buy a few lottery tickets because there might be a catalyst in Gigafactory updates. Especially since Panasonic is releasing on the same day and the contractor for project TIGER said there would be more news this week. It just seems like a decent bet to me.

So is anyone buying options for this earnings release? I am tempted to buy a few lottery tickets because there might be a catalyst in Gigafactory updates. Especially since Panasonic is releasing on the same day and the contractor for project TIGER said there would be more news this week. It just seems like a decent bet to me.

I will probably buy a weekly today/tomorrow as it is possible that TM/Panasonic could release a joint statement on Wednesday that they will each discuss Thursday with the CC. This joint statement has been discussed as a very outside possibility here on TMC.

I'm thinking of setting up a straddle/strangle, since I have no feeling of which way the stock will move, but I feel that the stock will move in one direction or another.