Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

Social Chat - Short Term TSLA Movements

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
Interesting. Would you describe this strategy as a LEAPS in place of stock strategy as has been discussed before? I suppose it is different as you sell some of your options to buy stock but never sell stock to buy options (LEAPS). You fund stock purchases with roll ups using the cash generated to increase your stock position. Correct?
Yes but also keep significant cash position in case of severe market down turn. It's a very aggressive strategy and by keeping enough cash for my entire retirement I can risk it. I don't believe in diversification and putting all my money on table for average return. Prefer to keep significant amount in cash and only risk what I can lose for large return

yes haven't owned a share of aa but up 15 fold with strategy

if I owned stock would be up less than 2.5 fold

Yes but also keep significant cash position in case of severe market down turn. It's a very aggressive strategy and by keeping enough cash for my entire retirement I can risk it. I don't believe in diversification and putting all my money on table for average return. Prefer to keep significant amount in cash and only risk what I can lose for large return

Interesting. Thanks. Nicely played.:wink:

yes haven't owned a share of aa but up 15 fold with strategy

if I owned stock would be up less than 2.5 fold

Thanks for sharing! Always love reading how people play things so differently :) even stock to stock.

Go AlMc and Chicken! Oh, and Yea...of course TM too :wink:

Thought I would go back to your previous celebration, since we can both officially start celebrating... you probably more than me since the jump your weekly must have had now that we are over 290 must be CRAZY!

- - - Updated - - -

I mean you said you got them for what? .60 a pop? They are now going for 3.00+ :D

Call me crazy. Since I had a good week with my weeklies I took a little and bought some 310's and some 300's that expire tomorrow. If we rocket on the news tonight I will be very very happy, if not, I will still be very happy because this week has been wonderful and I have already taken great profits.

Pretty much every freight train is electrically run these days, they just use diesel generators to power electric motors. American freight is actually very efficient.

That was underway by the early thirties and became almost universal by the late fifties for both freight and passenger trains. However as you imply, diesel locomotive engines turn electrical generators which transfer energy to electric motors.

Here's a video of the first run of the diesel-electric Burlington Zephyr in 1934. I rode the exact same train from Chicago to Keokuk, Iowa in 1952 after having seen it at the Chicago Railroad Fair in 1949: 1934 Burlington Pioneer Zephyr - YouTube

What Tesla Motors needs to do is provide the locomotives with batteries that replace the diesel engines and generators.

That's the final QA step for the battery packs. If they can get themselves to Fremont, they pass.

Hahahaha! I like it :D

- - - Updated - - -

Ah yes, that is mighty cool looking! Like one giant battery. I love the macro to micro connection.

Oh wow, that is a far more accurate description... diamond shaped... bah! I like your's better, you should write to Elon and tell him that is what he should tell people it was shaped after.