Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

Soft close doors

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
That's great. This is one significant missing refinement on the model s given its price range. I've often found guests don't quite close their doors as firmly, some expect the soft close doors seen on other high end vehicles.

I'd love to see how they did this, and implement on my own car.

Sounds like the narration to that video is in French but I can't understand it.

How could the car be modified to have powered opening and closing doors? Where does the motor fit into? And the latch has to be modified. Wow.

It's obviously Russian or similar.... I could pick up something along the lines of: "Elon Musk....... was it so difficult...... it is nice (or it would have been nice)"

He says it is доводчик, which Google translates as "Door closer".

Definitely as Ames says, it is a DIY job and not hardware update (although it would have been nice).

You can fit Slamstop to anything - it is a non-car-specific add-on. Given all the frank lid creasing issues, quite why the MS does not have auto closing on the frunk is utterly beyond me... unless it's something to do with health&safety (pedestrian frontal impact issues)?

If the question is directed to a 3rd party after manufactured installation like Slamshot, I think the limitation would be the minimum interior panel space requirements. IIRC there is a minimum door thickness required to install Slamstop into car doors.

I can see how "soft close doors" and frunk lid would be nice, but this seems like a very low priority item for Tesla to implement. It would add cost and complexity and would require redesigning the doors and frunk lid. I see no reason for Tesla to devote resources this year to including this feature. Maybe in a few years they could include it in the mid-product cycle "refresh" of the S that Elon has mentioned a few times.

,I think better to start a new topic now prepare and lay out the material , please write to questions only after two of my posts , so as not to break the information itself

- - - Updated - - -

? Как вы думаете, это может поместиться в передней ствола
rfont door or front hood ?

Last edited by a moderator: