Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

Soft door closing

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
The first thing I want to see this premium car with lightweight aluminum doors and often out of habit after traveling to BMW and Mercedes with automatic door closers pushes easily is not enough to close ,
With the selection and installation of the door closer , since I am a fan of BMWs and as the drive in BMW f series is an independent complete device selection clearly fell on him ,
Servo by BMW have protection correct logic operation , does not need adjustment, It is protected from the game, and flat noiseless powered by the main battery and falls asleep with the car,
the next major task was to use without additional wiring , which has been studied conducting, signals and type of electronic keys in the BCU for direct connection of the drive and limit switches , the drive has a special feature in the BMW triggered the closer he draws the door and hold it to open it needed to signal release , generally the place where you connect the wiring on the door , front-wheel drive is mounted under the door handle over the bar stiffness , rear-wheel drive is installed in the wheel arch , over the castle ,
ate you've seen the design BMW drive where the castle is connected with the drive cable and a bracket for a cable , this part needed to mount locks Tesla was sawed off the end of the 4 fixing locks BMW and Tesla attached to the locks , the resulting mechanism has too much power for light closing doors , because of what attracted the door quickly and quietly , he mechanism fixing rope to the castle you will be clear in the photo, but before the end I was not ready to talk as this is my know-how , but in a personal message

- - - Updated - - -

I apologize for the poor written English, will soon be photos

Last edited:
Hello, like I said in the earlier thread, I'm interested in some more information & pics.

I appreciate the effort even if your English is limited, we can still get most of the information, and since pictures are worth a 1000 words then it should help. Correct me if I'm wrong but let me summarize what I understand

- Using BMW parts
- Front doors, the motor is located under the door handle, over the reinforcement steel frame
- Back doors, the motor is located in the rear wheel arch
- Original design is too quick and use too much force for the light aluminium doors of the Tesla
- You did a trick to make it work nicely but this part is somewhat secret and you would only give more info in a private message ?
- Photos will be added soon

IMG_20150528_152430.jpg

- - - Updated - - -

IMG_20150529_185643.jpg
IMG_20150530_183222.jpg
IMG_20150530_183242.jpg
IMG_20150530_183935.jpg
IMG_20150530_210407.jpg
IMG_20150531_131826.jpg