TMC is an independent, primarily volunteer organization that relies on ad revenue to cover its operating costs. Please consider whitelisting TMC on your ad blocker or making a Paypal contribution here: paypal.me/SupportTMC

Soft-top holder

Discussion in 'Roadster' started by thefortunes, Sep 3, 2013.

1. thefortunes

thefortunes Member

I saw SOMEWHERE that there is a holder/case for the soft-top. I did not get one with #1113, so I was wondering...

- Is it something that is useful?
    - Does anyone have one that they do not use and would be willing to part with?

Thanks.

2. andy-sf

andy-sf Member

Its basically just a nylon bag, nothing special. I did not get one either with my Roadster, but will just use an old duffel bag to store it when needed.

3. jbadger

jbadger Roadster #506

Mine came with one and I can take photos later. I love it because it keeps the headliner of the soft top clean and helps fit it perfectly into the recessed section of the trunk.

4. wiztecy

wiztecy Active Member

I use to put mine in that soft top bag, now I just lay it as is back in the truck. The bag is good if you're storing it in your house, otherwise its just a waist of time in my opinion and a hassle to put it in and out of the sack.

Its really made cheap, so eventually it'll come apart at the seams.

5. Doug_G

Doug_G Lead Moderator

I only use my soft top bag when I want to store the top outside of the car, i.e. if the hard top is installed or I'm at autocross. Otherwise it takes about as long to get the top back into the bag as it does to put it on the car. So I just lay the soft top in the bottom of the trunk and it's fine.