TMC is an independent, primarily volunteer organization that relies on ad revenue to cover its operating costs. Please consider whitelisting TMC on your ad blocker and becoming a Supporting Member. For more info: Support TMC

Software 2019.32.2.2 thread

Discussion in 'Model 3: User Interface' started by sduck, Sep 17, 2019.

?

Have you gotten this update?

1. Yes

204 vote(s)
    82.3%
  2. No

44 vote(s)
    17.7%
  1. sduck

sduck Member

Here's a thread for this version that Tesla is pushing out in great numbers as of yesterday and today. Otherwise known as the big disappointment update, as we were all hoping to get the v10 update instead... let us know your experiences.

2. sroh

sroh Member

Just downloaded this rev.

3. SMAlset

SMAlset Well-Known Member

Both my Model 3 and my husband’s MS received this update tonight.

4. Evoforce

Evoforce Active Member

The notes look the same as the download before..

5. Az_Rael

Az_Rael Supporting Member

Downloaded it yesterday. Drove with it for the first time today. Started off the bat with an exciting phantom braking event. But only one so far. I think Tesla just likes to keep us on our toes. Otherwise no noted AP behavior changes.

Had trouble with my phone as key tonight. Will see if that was a one-off or if this release is less stable. Hopefully not, my phone has been solid for months now.

6. woodisgood

woodisgood It's walnut, beech

Phone as key didn't work at the trunk, even after being pulled out of my pocket. First time this has ever happened to me.

7. InfinitiGuy

InfinitiGuy Member

Lost mobile network connectivity for almost an hour after the firmware reboot. Came back on its own.

8. Raechris

Raechris Member

No problems with this update. Smooth as silk.

9. St☰v☰

St☰v☰ Member

10. AustinPowers

AustinPowers Total Smeghead

I got this update yesterday, but like others I didn't notice any differences. The release notes surely were the same as on the last update before.
    The Google maps data appears to have been updated though.
    Haven't noticed any changes in the way the car behaves yet. Which in itself is a good thing, because lately I didn't have any problems other than the occasional phone as key failure that have plagued the car since day one.

11. Mishakim

Mishakim Member

Toggle your bluetooth on the phone on and off. Sometimes it loses one of the four BLE transceivers, resulting in phone as key not working at the corresponding location (vs. not working at all)

• Informative x 2
  12. Kyledwa

Kyledwa New Member

Has anyone noticed that the visualization of the car now shows it turning (ie you can see some more of the side of the car when turning sharply)? I haven't seen any mention of it anywhere, but it looks pretty cool.

13. sduck

sduck Member

I don't think that's new to this version - I've seen that in the last several versions.

• Like x 2
  14. FielderJones

FielderJones Member

Installed remotely from my phone, then rebooted the car when I got home. No issues so far, but not a lot of driving on the new version yet. Will see on road trip this weekend.

Thanks to all of you who tested all the previous 2019.32.x.x versions. I was happy to get this one.

15. shiftkenny

shiftkenny Member

My first time updating from home and **** it scared me when the car rebooted itself lol

16. Basche

Basche New Member

Just received a new software note today. I am a new tesla user! How do i install the update? Only with a WiFi connection? My car does not find my home WiFi connection... Any tips an tricks?

17. Duke-U

Duke-U Member

@Basche if you get the notice you already have received the update, just let it install by clicking the icon. No Wifi needed for the actual install.

18. St☰v☰

St☰v☰ Member

Ok, so new report. charger would not release this morning by pressing the button AND... my phone would not unlock the car this morning either, I actually had to use my key card. I hope these are the only gremlins I encounter.

19. Timbo2

Timbo2 Member

Interesting bit of anecdotal data. I was on 2019.28.3.1 updated to 2019.32.2.2.

I have an energy meter attached to my outlet. I charge my AWD LR with a Gen 1 Mobile Connector for a 40A charging rate. For the past six months or so it was always drawing 39.7XA. After the update the charge rate has fluctuated more, but it is charging at a marginally higher rate. I saw values between 39.8XA and 40.1XA.

This higher charge rate was also confirmed by the phone app.

20. SalisburySam

SalisburySam Supporting Member

Updated from 28.3.1 to 32.2.2 two days ago. Not much different that’s noticeable. But some things are unchanged notably the phantom braking. It still occurs, about as frequently, just as intense, no apparent improvement in this annoyance.

• Informative x 1