Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

Software Feature Request: User Interface accessibility options

Would you like to you see user interface accessibility options to improve screen readability?

• Yes

Votes: 4 80.0%
  • No

Votes: 1 20.0%

• Total voters
This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
Team,
I could not find a similar thread so thought of starting this discussion. (Half hoping that there is already to trick to get to these options)

I am sure many of us use corrective lenses for reading and/or driving. While driving, I have sometimes found it hard to read the center screen. (I have a feeling that reading distance in Model X is a bit more than Model S but either way). I can only imagine that with age the problem will only get worse for many of us.

It would be great to have some options to improve the accessibility of the screens. Some of the ideas
- Offer a zoomed out mode with larger icons and font size
- Offer alternative contrast modes
- Zoomed map (larger text, cons) and browser views.

Having dealt with modern human-machine interface design, I can say that Tesla user interface has definitely scope for optimization in terms of accessibility. When it comes to human-machine interfaces that are designed for partial attention (unlike a screen design wherein the operator is fully concentrated on the screen), accessibility becomes even more important

Tesla cars have very limited physical buttons (and that's a good thing) but that also means that that the operator has to rely a lot on the touchscreen so accessibility of the screen becoming very critical.

What do you all think?