Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

Software issue? [climate on for 2 hours message]

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
This never happened to me before...I got a msg from my Tesla app telling me "climate was turned off because it has been on for 2 hours" the car was in my garage...all doors and windows were shut properly..temp was about 75 deg F
this ever happen to anyone? should I be concerned?
thanks

the latest software for android has some weird glitch where the climate icon only lights up very very very faint when you press it and it doesnt display the AC animation inside the car either on the main screen.
i bet you you touched it and didnt realize your turned climate control on

Reactions: Adam3
I did some digging in Teslafi, I found that since I arrived at work, My car has been idle w/ sentry mode on, and it shows the fan status has been Off (0) for the entire time. Maybe this is some software glitch that is thinking the climate is on, when it's actually off.

I am having the same issue as the OP. Getting notification that AC has been turned off after 2 hours. Noticed it happened after Tesla software 2022.24.6 had been installed. when I received the notification I checked the car, AC had not been running, interior car temp was 100 F according to the app and I looked under the car and no water drips/puddle from condensation. i use precondition settings on the AC, thought maybe that had something to do with it but doesn’t appear to be the issue. Happened 4 days in a row. Car installed Tesla 2022.24.8 last night, hopefully that fixes the glitch.

I'm having the same issue with my MY since 2022.24.6. Unfortunately, 2022.24.8 did not fix it. Also, I'm curious if it's related to pre-conditioning. Has everyone who has experienced this bug used pre-conditioning before it happened?

I'm on Android and just realized there is an update for the app. I'm hoping this update to 4.12.1 fixes this climate issue.

What's the best way to let Tesla know about this bug?

I am so glad I found this thread and that it literally happened to someone yesterday! I thought the most recent update fixed mine but I get the same error every day now. I'm not losing battery so I'm guessing it's just a bug. Is there a way to let Tesla know without having to submit under the Service tab? i already have service coming out for a couple of issues.

Reactions: Funkyjuju
This never happened to me before...I got a msg from my Tesla app telling me "climate was turned off because it has been on for 2 hours" the car was in my garage...all doors and windows were shut properly..temp was about 75 deg F
this ever happen to anyone? should I be concerned?
thanks
Same here. Been happening to me for a couple of weeks. 2018 M3 Long Range with an Android Pixel 6 phone. Doesn't seem that climate is actually on, but I get the two hour notification about 2 hours after my car would have started to precondition for an 8:30a scheduled departure.

I've been getting this for the last 2 weeks since 2022.24.8 was installed. It only happens on the days that I leave home. When I WFH or on the weekend, it doesn't happen. In fact, when I ran errands on Saturday, it didn't happen. But every day that I drive to work and the car sits in the parking lot at work, I get the notification. I do precondition, but only on weekdays, so that's probably the trigger.

Reactions: Funkyjuju
I have been troubleshooting this for a few weeks on my M3LR as well - and it's been driving me crazy! I'm in the same boat that it only occurs M-F, and seems to kick off a few hours after I've arrived at the office. I also only have scheduled precondition on weekdays, so agree that's the likely culprit. I have several phones in the household that have access to the car, and they all get the same daily notification (android and ios).

I've tried:
-disabling overheat protection (even though it was set to fan only)
-turning off easy entry (thinking it was a weird profile glitch attributed with the last update)
-setting a scheduled departure for my work location with preconditioning on and off
-having my wife log out of the app thinking she was doing something accidently
-rebooted the car
-updated the app

Nothing has worked. I'm just to have found this to realize it's not just me.

I have been troubleshooting this for a few weeks on my M3LR as well - and it's been driving me crazy! I'm in the same boat that it only occurs M-F, and seems to kick off a few hours after I've arrived at the office. I also only have scheduled precondition on weekdays, so agree that's the likely culprit. I have several phones in the household that have access to the car, and they all get the same daily notification (android and ios).

I've tried:
-disabling overheat protection (even though it was set to fan only)
-turning off easy entry (thinking it was a weird profile glitch attributed with the last update)
-setting a scheduled departure for my work location with preconditioning on and off
-having my wife log out of the app thinking she was doing something accidently
-rebooted the car
-updated the app

Nothing has worked. I'm just to have found this to realize it's not just me.
I assume you don't have a Schedule item to precondition on some days