Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

Software issue? [climate on for 2 hours message]

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
I assume you don't have a Schedule item to precondition on some days
I do have a daily charge/precondition schedule set for home M-F, which works perfectly everyday. The alert comes several hours later after I've arrived at work. Until I started troubleshooting this, I didn't realize your precondition schedule was location based, and you can have different schedules saved at your home, work, or any other location. The car/app will display the appropriate schedule depending on where the car is currently located. But yes, I have confirmed there is no schedule set at my work location.

I will caveat this by saying my particular situation is likely a little different than others here. I leave my phone in the car for several hours each morning by disabling bluetooth and using the keycard to lock the doors. When I return, I'm greeted with the app notification described by the OP - usually, but not always, time stamped with the moment I unlocked the door. I have followed this same routine since I got the car last December, and it just started happening a few weeks ago. After confirming via TeslaFi that the climate never actually turns on, it's really just an annoyance at this point.

Reactions: Funkyjuju
So our 2018 M3 has been pushing notifications through the Tesla app almost daily for about a month or two now, stating that climate control has been on for 2+ hours and will be turned off. Whenever I look, it clearly has not been on as the interior temp is roughly what the exterior is (around 95-100 this past few weeks). Anyone else have this issue? We are running 2022.24.8 on that vehicle, and our other 2021 Model 3 isn't having the issue.

Same here. I has been happening to me for a couple of weeks. M3 2021 standard range plus. I have scheduled precondition on weekdays. Don't recall happening on weekends.
Having the same issue. Just upgraded to 2022.28.2 last night and thought that the problem was resolved because like others - I've noticed it only happens on weekdays, which I have preconditioning set for. Precondition is usually set for ~7 AM and I usually get the message ~2 hrs after I arrive at work. So...upgraded to 2022.28.2 last night, preconditioned this morning for 7 AM departure, left @ 7 AM to drop my kid off at school and but then returned home @ ~8 AM to work from home. No message until right after I opened the Tesla app @ 4 PM! Totally stumped!

Reactions: DankySmurf
Found this thread.. I can reproduce it by using camp mode.

I will park and sometimes rest in the back of the MY.
Whey I use "Camp Mode" to keep the radio on and temp.
When I leave I turn "Camp Mode" off, verified in the app.
2hrs later I will get the notification.

Having the same issue with my 22 M3P. I use preconditioning for departure from home/work on weekdays and that is when I would get my notification. Car is currently on .28.2
The model Y is my wife's and her schedule is very random so no preconditioning is set for her and we have never received the notification from the Model Y.
This car is also on 28.2 also

This never happened to me before...I got a msg from my Tesla app telling me "climate was turned off because it has been on for 2 hours" the car was in my garage...all doors and windows were shut properly..temp was about 75 deg F
this ever happen to anyone? should I be concerned?
thanks
This has happened several times in the past 4 months since the software update on my Y performance with 32000 miles and i believe it is affecting my total range. I was at around 279 to 284 at 100% charge about 4 months ago. After an update not sure which one, the range has been steadily dropping each month where presently it is now at 244 miles at 100%! I just got this message again today October 14 2022 . I have a service appointment coming this Monday and we will see if that has been affecting my BMS. I’ll let you know. Thanks.

Last edited:
Im still getting this issue too. Android. Scheduled departure from home and work. Climate is absolutely not running while I'm at work based on the temperatures in the car but I still get notifications for "Climate turned off because..." every day