Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

Software requests for the Model S

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
How about a User-Configurable "Favorites" bar on the 17" touch screen?

I'm thinking of a persistent bar, like the HVAC bar at the bottom or the options bar across the top. The screen is already huge, and I'd be willing to give up a bit of space for something like this. I know there's a separate "Apps" screen, but that is not a persistent view.

I had the same general thought, but as an icon with a pop-up menu of favorites. Takes up less screen real estate, but requires two touches instead of one. Not sure which I like better.

This repeats some from above, but these are some comments I passed on to Tesla after a couple of weeks of driving:

It would be huge if the car would remember to go to Very High as you approach home and stay there until you leave. I have to remember to get and stay below 9mph and put it on Very High before entering or exiting my driveway. Effectively, that means I typically have to stop in the middle of the street and raise the car before I pull in. My neighbors/fellow drivers love that.
Option to have the Google map oriented to the cars direction versus always North
Homelink “Favorite” button on top so that you don’t have to hit the Homelink Button, then choose the garage

Better interface with contacts – on Blackberry, I tap “D” space “H” and all my contacts with D H initials pop up. As a businessman with 1500+ contacts, something like that would be a huge help. For me to scroll to someone now is completely impractical.
Better interface with music – I have a flash drive with several thousand songs on it, there has to be a better way than scrolling – shuffle play mode would be great, too.
When I left the car, even with the fob in there with my wife in the passenger seat, the car shut down. Would be nice if somehow (and I may just not know what to do) the A/C, music, etc. would stay on for passengers even when the driver hops out.

And my favorite:
“Screen Capture” on rear camera, so I can record when people behind me are taking pictures of the car (just kidding!)

Well - you nailed it. The ones I marked in red are my top "I need this" elements after 1 day of driving. For Homelink, it should just operate directly like in the Roadster when you only have 1 house programmed in.

You seem to get as many XM presets as you want in the favorites menu - but only 6 with virtual buttons. I agree that this is inadequate. Either the virtual buttons need to be scrollable or there needs to be a way to select between 3 or 4 sets quickly. There is room for additional controls there.

You can navigate the music on your phone. Forward or backwards :tongue:

Any more than that requires some OS-specific custom protocol. Lots of units seem to have it for Apple devices. Apple and Android probably covers most of us.