Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

Software Update 2018.20.5

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
One thing I noticed in the loaner I had with 2018.20.5 is that in navigation it showed roundtrip battery estimate in addition to the one way trip. My S on 2018.18.2 does not show that. Anyone else notice that?

FWIW my advisor when I picked up my new 3 said (re software updates):

"Expect to see the software updates hopping around a bit over the next few weeks; they're working hard to update voice commands and other little things before big updates".

He also said "the versions might go up and down", so take both items for what they're worth :)

I work for Tesla and can state that something big is coming, maybe 3 months, maybe 6 but it’s coming.....

Oh sorry, did I say Tesla, I meant Tesco

No. It really is true. With Tesla, something big always is coming. It could be a big step forward. It might be a big idea. Or it might just as easily be a big
lie.png
exaggeration. While we never really know what it will be, Elon will be Elon. Something big is most definitely coming.

• Love
Reactions: croman
Seems as 2018.20.5 is definitely pulled for cars with software earlier than 2018.20. According Teslafi cars updating from 2018.10 til 2018.16 get the 2018.18.2 and not the 20.5.
Does anyone know why? Is there a serious bug in 20.5?

I had new car that came with 20.5. Tech pushed an update to it trying to be nice. It downgraded to 18.14. He said that they must have pulled version 20 and 18.14 is the fall back one. They must be getting ready for a big autopilot upgrade that Musk mention should be coming "this week".